Contact Information For Filing Complaints

Pursuant to the federal regulations of October 29, 2010, institutions of higher education are required to provide contact information for each state in which students who enroll with Franklin University may reside. The following list provides contacts for each state.

ALABAMA Alabama Department of Postsecondary Education Private School Licensure Division
ALASKA Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education
ARIZONA Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education
ARKANSAS Arkansas Higher Education Coordinating Board
CALIFORNIA California Department of Consumer Affairs Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
Online Complaint Form:
COLORADO Colorado Department of Higher Education
CONNECTICUT Connecticut Office of Higher Education

Delaware Higher Education Office
The Townsend Building
401 Federal St., Ste. 2
Dover, DE 19901

Email: (general inquiries & program information)

302-735-4120 or 1-800-292-7935

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA District of Columbia Office of the State Superintendent of Education
FLORIDA Florida Department of Education Commission for Independent Education

Georgia Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission


Hawaii Post-Secondary Education Authorization Program
Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs

Complaint Process

Student Complaint Form


Idaho State Board of Education
P.O. Box 83720
Boise, ID 83720-0037

ILLINOIS Illinois State Board of Education
INDIANA Indiana Board for Proprietary Education
IOWA Iowa College Student Aid Commission
KANSAS Kansas Board of Regents
KENTUCKY Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education

Office of the Attorney General, State of Louisiana


Maine Department of Education

Harry W. Osgood
Higher Education Specialist
Augusta, Maine 04333

MARYLAND Maryland Higher Education Commission
MASSACHUSETTS Massachusetts Department of Higher Education
MICHIGAN Michigan Department of Licensing & Regulatory Affairs
PO Box 30718
Lansing, MI 48909,4601,7-154-35299_61343_35395_35396---,00.html
MINNESOTA Minnesota Office of Higher Education
MISSISSIPPI Mississippi Commission on College Accreditation
MISSOURI Missouri Department of Higher Education
MONTANA Montana Board of Regents

Office of the Attorney General
2115 State Capitol Lincoln, NE 68509

NEVADA Nevada Commission on Postsecondary Education
NEW HAMPSHIRE New Hampshire Postsecondary Education Commission
NEW JERSEY The New Jersey Commission on Higher Education does not currently have a process for handling student complaints.
NEW MEXICO New Mexico Higher Education Department
NEW YORK New York State Education Department
Office of College and University Evaluation
NORTH CAROLINA Post-Secondary Education Complaints, c/o Assistant Director of Licensure and Workforce Studies, University of North Carolina General Administration
910 Raleigh Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
NORTH DAKOTA Tanya Spilovoy, D. Ed.
Director of Distance Education and State Authorization
1815 Schafer St., Ste. 202
Bismarck, ND 58501-1217
OHIO Ohio Attorney General
OKLAHOMA Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
OREGON Oregon Department of Justice, Financial Fraud/Consumer Protection Section
PENNSYLVANIA Pennsylvania Department of Education, Office of Postsecondary and Higher Education
RHODE ISLAND Rhode Island Board of Governors for Higher
SOUTH CAROLINA South Carolina Commission on Higher Education
Nonpublic Postsecondary Institution Licensing
SOUTH DAKOTA South Dakota Attorney General
1302 E. Highway 14, Suite 1
Pierre, SD 57501-8501
TENNESSEE Tennessee Higher Education Commission
Division of Postsecondary School Authorization
TEXAS Texas Workforce Commission’s Career School Section
UTAH Utah Division of Consumer Protection
VERMONT Vermont Agency of Education
VIRGINIA State Council of Higher Education for Virginia
WASHINGTON Washington Student Achievement Council
Karen Oelschlager
Program Administrator
P.O. Box 43430
Olympia, WA 98504-3430
WEST VIRGINIA Dr. Kathy Butler, Senior Director of Academic Affairs
WV Higher Education Policy Commission
1018 Kanawha Blvd., E. Suite 700
Charleston, WV 25301
WISCONSIN Wisconsin Educational Approval Board
WYOMING Wyoming Department of Education



Have a question?

Get Answers Now Ask Franklin's Virtual Advisor:

Ask real questions like
"How do I apply?"

Ready to start an application?

Franklin's student-centered philosophy is one of the many reasons so many students choose us!