Think about it.
Riding in the first car of a rollercoaster. Sitting front-row at your favorite concert, movie or show. Watching a fireworks display or sunset from prime position.
Being in front provides a different experience.
Often one that’s unobstructed, unhindered or unrestricted.
Being in front can be a liberating and exhilarating experience to be sure, not to mention fulfilling and rewarding.
And so it is with careers. Being in front of the hottest career trend can bring its own rewards including:
- Being part of your industry’s rapid industry growth
- Unique job prospects and opportunities
- Higher income potential
- Professional advancement
Healthcare: One of the Fastest-Growing Careers
Take, healthcare, for example. This exciting career opportunity has been on the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics’ fastest-growing jobs list since 2004. It also was one of the few fields that continued to rise even during the economic downturn of 2010.
Good news, for sure. But it’s also important to remember that fast growing jobs projections are just that: projections based on information known at the time of the prediction.
Things can, and do, change. The next big thing may be something that hasn’t even been invented yet.
That’s why it pays to prepare for what’s happening now—and for what’s next.
Start by monitoring emerging career trends like these:
- Personalized and Regenerative Medicine – This burgeoning field focuses on customized treatments and gene therapy for more individualized and effective disease management and treatment.
- Robotics – This hot career involves the invention, marketing and use of advanced instrumentation devices to assist in diagnosis, surgery, treatment and care.
- e-Health and Telecare – This growing segment of healthcare includes monitoring, measuring and maintaining medical care via computer-based technologies to provide better patient care and prevent re-hospitalization.
- Medical Management – This fast-growing healthcare career involves planning, directing and coordinating the business of healthcare delivery.
- Integrative Healthcare – This trending career opportunity involves working with treatment protocols that combine both traditional and alternative medical practices.
Once you’ve examined these and other healthcare career trends, get in front of the curve by:
- Monitor emerging trends so you can speak confidently about the latest technologies, jobs and skills. Prospective employers will be duly impressed if you’re the candidate who has taken the initiative to be in-the-know.
- Differentiate yourself by perfecting better-than-average interpersonal and interviewing skills. Gone are the days of traditional, tell-me-about-yourself interviews. Be ready to demonstrate critical thinking, problem-solving and imagination on the spot.
- Arm yourself with a quality education. Franklin University’s healthcare degree programs, for example, are built on relevant curriculum with exposure to a variety of skills, knowledge and practical experience. The right degree at the right university not only provides a solid foundation, but actually prepares you for entry into mid-level management positions or graduate school.
- Broaden your definition. Healthcare doesn’t just mean patient care. Combine your interests with a healthcare degree program focused on business, management or information technology like these: