Business Economics Major & Online Degree ProgramProgram OverviewProgram DetailsWhy Choose Franklin
Business Economics - Subsequent Bachelor of Science Degree
Looking to earn an additional bachelor’s degree? This degree is specifically designed for students who have already completed a bachelor's degree or higher.
Business Core (28 hours)
Major Area (24 hours)
Major Electives (12 hours)
Select 12 hours from:
- ACCT 310 - INTERMEDIATE ACCOUNTING I (4)
- ACCT 320 - INTERMEDIATE ACCOUNTING II (4)
- BSAD 320 - QUANTITATIVE & QUALITATIVE METHODS FOR DECISION MAKING (4)
- BSAD 460 - BUSINESS ETHICS FOR LEADERS (4)
- BSAD 476 - GLOBAL BUSINESS ISSUES (4)
- COMM 315 - COMMUNICATION ETHICS (4)
- COMM 321 - ORGANIZATIONAL COMMUNICATION (4)
- ECON 410 - ECONOMICS INTERNSHIP (1 - 4)
- ECON 480 - SPECIAL TOPICS IN ECONOMICS (1 - 4)
- ECON 499 - INDPNDENT ST-ECON (1 - 4)
- ENTR 395 - FOUNDATIONS OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP (4)
- FINA 403 - ADVANCED FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT (4)
- WRIT 320 - BUSINESS & PROFESSIONAL WRITING (4)
Each candidate for a subsequent degree must successfully complete in residence at Franklin University a minimum of 30 credit hours of 200 level courses or above, of which a minimum of 16 credit hours must be in major area courses at the 300 or 400 level. If the student is a previous Franklin bachelor of science degree graduate, the 30 credits must be earned after the first Franklin B.S. degree was awarded. If the required courses for a subsequent degree total less than 30 credit hours, the student may take Free Elective courses to achieve residency. Either PF 121 or PF 321 must be taken prior to the first BLF course, or it may be taken concurrently with the first 15-week BLF course. Students also must meet the University algebra competency requirement
A minimum GPA of 2.25 is required in the major area, and each major area course must be completed with a grade of “C” or better to count toward degree requirements.
Considering Business Economics?
Learn more about our program without any pressure to enroll.
Get in touch with us today!
Please see the Academic Bulletin for the complete list of degree and residency requirements.
Business Economics - Bachelor of Science DegreeView Curriculum
Build well-rounded skills and learn the industry specific knowledge you will need to be successful in your career.
Not the program you were looking for?
Check out these other popular, related majors and find your best degree program fit at Franklin.
Franklin is for you. Find out why.
Learn about our flexible class
scheduling, affordable tuition, and
history educating adult learners.
Your request for information has been received, and we will send you an email confirmation shortly.
Apply For Admission Apply Now
Find out if this program is available in your area
On SiteHover over markers
for more details.