Communications Major & Degree ProgramProgram OverviewProgram DetailsWhy Choose Franklin
Communications - Subsequent Bachelor of Science Degree
Looking to earn an additional bachelor’s degree? This degree is specifically designed for students who have already completed a bachelor's degree or higher.
Professional Core (20 hours)
Major Area (24 hours)
Major Electives (12 hours)
Select 12 hours from:
- BSAD 320 - QUANTITATIVE & QUALITATIVE METHODS FOR DECISION MAKING (4)
- BSAD 476 - GLOBAL BUSINESS ISSUES (4)
- COMM 355 - INTRODUCTION TO GRANT WRITING FOR NON-PROFITS (4)
- COMM 410 - COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP (1 - 4)
- COMM 480 - SPECIAL TOPICS IN COMMUNICATIONS (4)
- COMM 499 - INDEPENDENT STUDIES IN COMMUNICATIONS (1 - 4)
- GRPH 310 - ADVANCED GRAPHIC DESIGN (4)
- HRM 300 - HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT (4)
- HRM 301 - STAFFING (4)
- HRM 302 - TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT (4)
- IDST 300 - INTRODUCTION TO INTERDISCIPLINARY STUDIES (4)
- MGMT 325 - ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR (4)
- MIS 200 - MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS (4)
- MKTG 320 - PROMOTION (4)
- MKTG 330 - MARKETING BEHAVIOR (4)
- MKTG 332 - MARKETING RESEARCH (4)
- MKTG 340 - DIGITAL MARKETING (4)
- MKTG 430 - CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT (4)
- MKTG 450 - GLOBAL MARKETING (4)
- OSCM 390 - OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT (4)
- PBRL 325 - PUBLIC RELATIONS (4)
- PBRL 425 - MEDIA AND CRISIS COMMUNICATION (4)
- PBRL 450 - RHETORIC AND SOCIAL INFLUENCE (4)
- PSYC 310 - THE PSYCHOLOGY OF PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT (4)
- PSYC 325 - COACHING IN ORGANIZATIONS (4)
- SOCL 335 - APPLIED RESEARCH METHODS (4)
- SOCL 345 - SOCIOLOGY OF WORK AND ORGANIZATIONS (4)
- SOCL 400 - SOCIAL JUSTICE (4)
- WRIT 360 - INTRODUCTION TO CREATIVE WRITING (4)
- WRIT 460 - ADVANCED CREATIVE WRITING (4)
Each candidate for a subsequent degree must successfully complete in residence at Franklin University a minimum of 30 credit hours of 200 level courses or above, of which a minimum of 16 credit hours must be in major area courses at the 300 or 400 level. If the student is a previous Franklin bachelor of science degree graduate, the 30 credits must be earned after the first Franklin B.S. degree was awarded. If the required courses for a subsequent degree total less than 30 credit hours, the student may take Free Elective courses to achieve residency. Either PF 121 or PF 321 must be taken prior to the first BLF course, or it may be taken concurrently with the first 15-week BLF course. Students also must meet the University algebra competency requirement
A minimum GPA of 2.25 is required in the major area, and each major area course must be completed with a grade of “C” or better to count toward degree requirements.
Learn more about our program without any pressure to enroll.
Get in touch with us today!
Please see the Academic Bulletin for the complete list of degree and residency requirements.
Communications - Bachelor of Science DegreeView Curriculum
Build well-rounded skills and learn the industry specific knowledge you will need to be successful in your career.
Communications - Associate of Science DegreeView Curriculum
Begin building your educational foundation with a curriculum that has a broad base in general education while touching upon a specific area of study.
Franklin is for you. Find out why.
Learn about our flexible class
scheduling, affordable tuition, and
history educating adult learners.
Your request for information has been received, and we will send you an email confirmation shortly.
Apply For Admission Apply Now