Choose an application to get started:
Anyone who is a graduate of an accredited high school or has passed the GED examination is eligible for admission as a degree-seeking student. The following procedures apply to all applicants seeking admission as degree-seeking students at Franklin University:
- Complete an Undergraduate Admission Application and forward an official high school transcript or an official GED test score report.
- Your application will be entered within 48 hours. You will receive an email and/or letter confirming the receipt of your application. If you do not receive one of these within 7 business days please contact Student Services at 1-877-341-6300 or 614-797-4700.
- If transferring from another institution, forward all official transcripts directly from the previous institution(s) to: Franklin University 201 South Grant Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43215 (see Transfer Credit for more information).
- Arrange an appointment with an Undergraduate Admissions Advisor by calling 614-797-4700, emailing email@example.com, or visiting the Office of Student Services. Out-of-state students may arrange a telephone appointment by calling toll free 1-877-341-6300.
- If you are an international student (if you have or will be getting a visa), you will need to fill out the international application.
Recommended Application Completion Dates
Franklin University accepts applications for admission on a rolling basis throughout the calendar year. You may choose from several dates each trimester to begin coursework with us.
Franklin recommends that you complete the application process at least 5 weeks in advance of your intended course start date as there are several steps to complete for a successful start at Franklin:
- submission of an application online
- submission of official transcripts from previously attended institutions
- identification of financing options
- completion of placement testing (not required for students transferring in college-level credits)
- review of four (4) Registration Appointment Preparation videos (approximately 18 minutes total)
- attendance at a registration appointment (face to face, via phone or online) to select courses
- completion of our online orientation program at http://my.franklin.edu/prep (approximately 60 minutes total)
For the coming trimester, Franklin University recommends the following dates to complete your application and register to maximize your scheduling options based on your preferences and personal schedule, allowing adequate time for financial planning:
If you wish to enroll...
|Complete the application process by||Register for classes by|
(6 - 11 trimester hours)
|August 26, 2013||September 16, 2013||September 30, 2013|
(12+ trimester hours)
|July 15, 2013||August 5, 2013||August 19, 2013|
Students who have applied but have not enrolled within one year must complete a new application for admission to update their records.
Franklin University accepts applicants on a rolling admissions basis. Applicants are accepted continually and applications may be submitted at any time during the year.
Each Graduate Program has its own specific admission requirements. Please refer back to the program pages for these requirements.
For your application to be considered, you must submit the online application and the supplemental materials by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or by mail respectively to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
201 S. Grant Ave.
Columbus, OH 43215
- Have your official transcripts from each college or university attended sent directly to Franklin University
Please submit an essay, length between 500-800 words. Your response serves as an essential writing sample and provides insight to satisfy admission criteria. Essay must be typewritten or computer-generated and single-spaced. Please include your full name as submitted on your application for admission.
Question: Describe your strengths and weaknesses as they relate to your academic ability, contributory work experience, and personal qualities and characteristics that you will bring to Franklin University. How do these relate to your career aspirations and chosen Master’s Degree Program?
- Résumé that includes 3 professional or academic references
- Please submit the $30 application fee. The application fee may be paid over the phone by calling 614.947.6355, or by mailing a check made payable to Franklin University to the address listed above
The Office of Graduate Admissions will notify you of your acceptance into the program.
Franklin University is home to International students from more than 50 countries around the world. Our diverse academic programs and personal service make Franklin an ideal choice for those looking to study in the United States.
You can complete an application online or download the pdf version of the application.
At this time, the University is unable to process applications for residents of Massachusetts. Please click here for more information.