- Coming to Franklin
- Community College Students
- Military & Veterans
- Air Force
- Coast Guard
- Spouses & Dependents
- Military Educational Benefits
- Community Resources
- International Students
- ITT Students
- High School Students
- Career and Technical Center Students
- Apply Now
- Transferring Credit
- Transfer Credit Tool
- Undergraduate Admission Process
- Graduate Admission Process
- myFranklin Mobile App
- Online Open House
- Transfer Credit Tool - Associates
Franklin serves the educational needs of military students across the globe.
As a military friendly institution, Franklin supports Airmen in doing the impossible. We are dedicated to serving your educational needs while understanding the demands of your busy schedule. Applying is easy and an Enrollment Advisor can assist you in exploring your options.
1. Complete Franklin’s online undergraduate application. Please be sure to complete the questions related to United States Military.
2. Request all your official transcripts to be sent directly to Franklin University, including your Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) transcripts. This will help us maximize your transfer credit, saving you time and money toward your degree.
3. An undergraduate admissions advisor will contact you regarding registration for your first set of courses!
1. Thoroughly review the graduate admission and application requirements.
2. Complete Franklin’s online graduate application. Please be sure to complete the questions related to United States Military.
3. Request all your official transcripts be sent directly to Franklin University, including your Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) transcripts. This will help maximize your transfer credit, saving you time and money toward your degree.
4. A graduate admissions advisor will contact you to help you complete the admission process.
Franklin is committed to offering Airmen like you quality education that is convenient and affordable. Undergraduate tuition is just $250 per credit hour. All Airmen are encouraged to explore the funding options that may be available to them.
Military Tuition Assistance
You may be eligible for Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) to fund courses in your degree program. Schedule an appointment with an Education Counselor at your nearest Education & Training Center to determine your eligibility.
Graduate Tuition and Fees may vary by academic level and program. As a courtesy to our servicemembers, Airmen are not required to pay the $25 undergraduate initial processing fee, $30 graduate application fee, or $100 non-refundable graduate deposit.
Undergraduate Military Tuition Rate
In order to maintain the $250 per credit hour tuition rate, Servicemembers are required to submit documentation during the first trimester of enrollment and on an annual basis thereafter. Complete the Undergraduate Military Service member Verification Form and submit along with proof of eligibility to the Office of Military and Veteran Affairs to continue receiving this great Franklin benefit!
Steps For Requesting Military Federal Tuition Assistance:
- Log into the Air Force Virtual Education Center (AFVEC) via the Air Force Portal
- Review your education records for accuracy
- Complete the application for tuition assistance, including all requested information. If you have questions on term start dates or course information, please contact the Office of Military and Veterans Affairs.
- Airmen will be sent notification of approved tuition assistance forms. Send a copy of this completed and approved form to the Office of Military & Veteran Affairs at Franklin University.
Mail: Franklin University
Office of Military & Veteran Affairs
201 S. Grant Ave.
Columbus, OH 43215-5399
Local Fax: 614.255.9514 Toll-Free Fax: 1-800-594-1904
Contact us today regarding tuition, fees, and funding.
Getting started at Franklin is easy. Follow the application process above to begin the steps of becoming a Franklin student.
Airmen in the Air National Guard may be eligible for state tuition assistance. Visit your state's air national guard website for more information.
The Ohio National Guard Scholarship Program (ONGSP) is available to Airmen in the Ohio Air National Guard. Visit our Military Educational Benefits page for more information.
Activated/mobilized Air National Guard military personnel may be eligible for Federal Military Tuition Assistance to fund courses in your degree program. Schedule an appointment with an Education Counselor at your nearest Education & Training Center to determine your eligibility.
Ohio National Guard Scholarship Program (ONGSP)
Subject to funding available from the Ohio General Assembly, the ONGSP provides tuition up to $4,710.00 ($393.00 per credit hour) per trimester for fiscal year 2014 to Army and Air National Guard members attending a two-year or four-year public or private college or university.
- The scholarship is available for up to eight full-time trimesters.
- Participants must commit to and/or complete a six year enlistment in the Ohio Guard. New enlistees must complete basic training and their AIT/AFSC training. Also, initial applicants who are prior service enlistees and can show evidence of at least three years of Active Duty service in a branch of the U.S. Armed Forces may use the program with a three year enlistment in the Ohio National Guard. You must send a DD214 and a notarized three year waiver form along with your application. Prior service participants are only eligible for four trimesters of scholarship assistance.
- Scholarship program recipients must maintain good attendance at their unit drills; excessive absenteeism is cause for discharge from the Ohio National Guard. In such cases, Ohio law provides for recoupment of a pro-rated amount of the tuition paid plus interest.
Step 1: Obtain and submit application
For each trimester you plan to attend, you must be enrolled a minimum of three credit hours to receive benefits. Obtain your application form and submit to the Adjutant General's Department by the following deadlines:
- Summer: April 1 Fall: July 1 Winter: November 1
Step 2: Notify Franklin of your approval
If selected, you will receive an approval letter. Please provide a copy of your ONGSP approval letter to:
Office of Military and Veteran Affairs
201 S. Grant Ave.
Columbus, OH 43215
fax: 614.255.9514 or 1.800.549.1904
Questions? Contact the ONGSP by phone at 614.336.7032, toll free 1.888.400.6484.
Step 3: Certifications
Financial Aid will certify National Guard Scholarships six weeks after the beginning of the trimester based on current hours of enrollment
Franklin helps you meet your personal and promotion goals through education.
At Franklin University, we value your military training and experience. That’s why we offer you college credit for your military training and certifications, maximizing the number of credits you can transfer in and saving you time and money toward your degree.
Request for all transcripts from all previous institutions, including your Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) transcripts, to be sent directly to Franklin University:
Office of Transfer and Articulation
201 S Grant Ave
Columbus, OH 43215
*Graduate students – please indicate ATTN: Graduate Student Affairs
CCAF transcripts can be requested free of charge through the CCAF online transcript system. If you have difficulty in requesting a transcript online, please visit review the transcript information available on the CCAF website.
Contact us today for more information on transferring credit to Franklin University.
Ready to start an application?
Franklin's student-centered philosophy is one of the many reasons so many students choose us!START YOUR APPLICATION