Military Educational Benefits
- Coming to Franklin
- Community College Students
- Military & Veterans
- Air Force
- Coast Guard
- Spouses & Dependents
- Military Educational Benefits
- Community Resources
- International Students
- High School Students
- Career and Technical Center Students
- Apply Now
- Transferring Credit
- Undergraduate Admissions Process
Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB) - Chapter 30
The first thing you should do is determine your eligibility for these benefits with the VA by calling 1-888-442-4551.
- Complete the Application for Benefits (22-1990) form on the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs “Veterans ON-line APPlication” (VONAPP).
- Where the VONAPP application asks you to identify a specific VA Regional Office to electronically submit your benefits application, be certain to enter “St. Louis VA Regional Office.” This is the regional office affiliated with Franklin University.
- Print two copies of your VONAPP application: one copy for your record and one copy that you will submit to the Office of Military and Veteran Affairs (OMVA) at Franklin.
- Following the successful processing of your benefits application, the VA will issue a “Certificate of Eligibility” to you by mail. The VA will not send this to the school; it is your responsibility to send a copy of this to OMVA at Franklin upon receipt.
- The U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs currently estimates that processing will require twenty-eight calendar days. Franklin University cannot be responsible for complications or delays in benefit awards due to VA delays in application processing.
- Complete the Change of Place or Training (22-1995) form instead of the 22-1990 if you have used your benefits at previous school.
- Submit a Plan of Attendance (POA) each academic year in which benefits are requested.
- Certification of Benefits
- Upon registration and receipt of all required documentation, OMVA at Franklin will forward an Enrollment Certification (22-1999) to the VA Regional Office.
- Verify Attendance
- Login to the W.A.V.E. website on the last calendar day of every month to verify your enrollment.
Situations that may affect payment of VA benefits include the following:
- Repeated or audited courses
- Change or addition of major program
- Add or drop in credit hours
- Developmental education courses not applicable to degree
- Any education course in which a grade of “Z”, “NZ”, or “W” is earned
- Non-receipt of official transcripts from previous colleges and universities attended
- VA training time
Regulations require that all such items be reported to the VA so that adjustments can be made accordingly. Failure to notify the Office of Military and Veteran Affairs may result in overpayments or withholding of benefits
Ready to start an application?
Franklin's student-centered philosophy is one of the many reasons so many students choose us!START YOUR APPLICATION