- Coming to Franklin
- Community College Students
- Military & Veterans
- Air Force
- Coast Guard
- Spouses & Dependents
- Military Educational Benefits
- Community Resources
- International Students
- High School Students
- Career and Technical Center Students
- Apply Now
- Transferring Credit
- Transfer Credit Tool
- Undergraduate Admissions Process
- myFranklin Mobile App
Franklin serves the educational needs of military students across the globe.
Franklin is committed to offering Sailors like you quality education that is convenient and affordable. You have several obligations that require your commitment and we understand your education is one component of your personal and professional journey.
1. Complete the online undergraduate application. Please be sure to complete the questions related to United States Military.
2. Request all your official transcripts to be sent directly to Franklin University, including your Joint Services Transcript (JST). This will help us maximize your transfer credit, saving you time and money toward your degree.
3. An Undergraduate Admission Advisor will contact you regarding registration for your first set of courses!
1. Thoroughly review the graduate admission and application requirements.
2. Complete Franklin’s online graduate application. Please be sure to complete the questions related to United States Military.
3. Request all your official transcripts be sent directly to Franklin University, including your Joint Services Transcript (JST). This will help maximize your transfer credit, saving you time and money toward your degree.
4. A Graduate Admission Advisor will contact you to help you complete the admission process.
Franklin is committed to offering Sailors like you quality education that is convenient and affordable. Undergraduate tuition is just $250 per credit hour. All Sailors are encouraged to explore the funding options that may be available to them.
Military Tuition Assistance
You may be eligible for Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) to fund courses in your degree program. Schedule an appointment with an NCO or the Virtual Education Center to determine your eligibility.
Graduate Tuition and Fees may vary by academic level and program. As a courtesy to our servicemembers, Sailors are not required to pay the $25 undergraduate initial processing fee, $30 graduate application fee, or $100 non-refundable graduate deposit.
Undergraduate Military Tuition Rate
In order to maintain the $250 per credit hour tuition rate, Servicemembers are required to submit documentation during the first trimester of enrollment and on an annual basis thereafter. Complete the Undergraduate Military Servicemember Verification Form and submit along with proof of eligibility to the Office of Military and Veteran Affairs to continue receiving this great Franklin benefit!
Steps For Requesting Military Federal Tuition Assistance:
- Review your education records for accuracy and Start the TA request process by visiting: https://www.navycollege.navy.mil/ta_info.aspx
- Complete the application for tuition assistance, including all requested information. If you have questions on term start dates or course information, please contact the Office of Military and Veterans Affairs.
- Sailors will be sent notification of approved tuition assistance forms. Send a copy of this completed and approved form to the Office of Military & Veteran Affairs at Franklin University.
Mail: Franklin University
Office of Military & Veteran Affairs
201 S. Grant Ave.
Columbus, OH 43215-5399
Fax: 614.255.9514 Toll-Free Fax: 1-800-594-1904
Note: Students are responsible for submitting final grades in accordance with their branch’s TA policy. For questions regarding submission and deadlines, please refer to your branch's website.
Contact us today regarding tuition, fees, and funding.
Franklin helps you meet your personal and promotion goals through education.
At Franklin University, we value your military training and experience. That’s why we offer you college credit for your military training and certifications, maximizing the number of credits you can transfer in and saving you time and money toward your degree.
Request for all transcripts from all previous institution, including your Joint Services Transcript (JST), to be sent directly to Franklin University:
Office of Transfer and Articulation
201 S Grant Ave
Columbus, OH 43215
*Graduate students – please indicate ATTN: Graduate Student Affairs
JST transcripts can be requested free of charge through the Joint Services Transcript System
Contact us today for more information on transferring credit to Franklin University.
Ready to start an application?
Franklin's student-centered philosophy is one of the many reasons so many students choose us!START YOUR APPLICATION