- Coming to Franklin
- Community College Students
- Military & Veterans
- Air Force
- Coast Guard
- Spouses & Dependents
- Military Educational Benefits
- Community Resources
- International Students
- High School Students
- Career and Technical Center Students
- Apply Now
- Transferring Credit
- Transfer Credit Tool
- Undergraduate Admissions Process
- myFranklin Mobile App
Franklin University is approved for the education of eligible veterans, widows and children of veterans and reservists. Your eligibility and equivalent educational benefits are determined by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The Office of Military and Veterans Affairs (OMVA) at Franklin University serves as the liaison between the veteran, the University and the VA. OMVA advisors collect, complete and process the required substantiating documentation and offer information about services on campus to assist with educational, career, personal, and financial concerns.
1. Complete the online undergraduate application. Please be sure to complete the questions related to United States Military.
2. Request all your official university and military transcripts to be sent directly to Franklin University. This will help us maximize your transfer credit, saving you time and money toward your degree.
3. An Undergraduate Admissions Advisor will contact you to help you complete the admissions process.
1. Thoroughly review the graduate admission and application requirements
2. Complete Franklin’s online graduate application. Please be sure to complete the questions related to United States Military.
3. Request all your official university and military transcripts to be sent directly to Franklin University. This will help maximize your transfer credit, saving you time and money toward your degree.
4. A Graduate Admissions Advisor will contact you to help you complete the admissions process.
Combine your veteran benefits with our already low tuition rates, and you'll find the most value for your tuition dollars at Franklin. Franklin makes continuing your education both accessible and affordable.
VA Program Procedures
- Complete the Application for Benefits form on the VA's website and submit to the VA and the Franklin University Office of Military & Veteran Affairs. You may contact the VA at 1.888.GIBILL1 (1.888.442.4551) to determine eligibility and Chapter number.
- Submit a Plan of Attendance (POA) each academic year in which benefits are requested. CH 33 Students must also completed the PGI form.
- If you have used VA benefits in the past and have since changed schools or programs, the VA requires you to complete a Request for Change of Program or Place of Training (22-1995).
Certification of Benefits
Upon receipt of all required documentation, a specialist will forward an Enrollment Certification (22-1999) to the VA Regional Office, except at the start of a new term, in which case an Enrollment Certification (22-1999) will be sent three weeks prior to the start of the term.
Situations that may affect payment of VA benefits include the following:
- Repeated or audited courses
- Insufficient Academic Progress (Academic Probation or Suspension)
- Change or addition of major program
- Add or drop in credit hours
- Developmental education courses not applicable to degree
- Any education course in which a punitive grade of "Z", "NZ", or "W" is earned or student withdraws from class after the first day of class
- Non-receipt of official transcripts from previous colleges and universities attended
Regulations require that all such items be reported to the VA so that adjustments can be made accordingly. Failure to notify the Office of Military and Veteran Affairs may result in overpayments or withholding of benefits.
Franklin helps you meet your personal and promotion goals through education.
At Franklin University, we value your military training and experience. That’s why we offer you college credit for your military training and certifications, maximizing the number of credits you can transfer in and saving you time and money toward your degree.
Request for all transcripts from all previous institutions, including your Joint Services Transcript (JST) or Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) transcript, to be sent directly to Franklin University:
Office of Transfer and Articulation
201 S Grant Ave
Columbus, OH 43215
*Graduate students – please indicate ATTN: Graduate Student Affairs
Contact us today for more information on transferring credit to Franklin University.
Ready to start an application?
Franklin's student-centered philosophy is one of the many reasons so many students choose us!START YOUR APPLICATION