Urbana University, a division of Franklin University, has an opportunity for a temporary, part-time Chemist. The chemist will work 24 hours a week for up to 12 weeks on Urbana University's campus in Urbana, Ohio and develop, validate, and document analytical methodologies and SOP’s according to a strict time-table and within Urbana chemistry lab current capabilities, pertaining to herbicide/pesticide, chloride-potentiometric, sulfur, allergens, and anthraquinone in cellulose material.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, validate, and document analytical methodology for the following, all in cellulose material:
- Herbicides/Pesticides: Organo Halogens, Organo Nitrogens, Organo Phosphates, N-Methyl Carbamates in cellulose material
- TS Residues Sample evaluation- Allergens
- Soy Allergen
- R5 Gliadin Allergen
- TS Residues Sample Evaluation- Myotoxin
- Validate and document already established methodology for the following, all in cellulose material:
- Mercury, Arsenic, Cadmium, Copper, Lead, Zinc via AAS
- Cellulose Assay
- Perform laboratory inventory and recommend laboratory layout configurations, including chemical storage according to ISO 17025 standards
- Recommend and source necessary chemical materials
- Years and type of previous experience required- 5 years’ experience in analytical chemistry, preferably in a cGMP/GLP lab
- Education- Master’s Degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, or analytical chemistry
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities necessary to perform job- GCMS, flame AAS, IR techniques, titrations, and results reporting/interpretation, excellent organization and communication skills, ability to multi-task and work independently, highly organized and ability to create detailed reports and documentation, skilled in the use of all Microsoft Office products to include Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Ability to independently perform analytical sample testing using GCMS, flame AAS, and IR. In-depth knowledge of solubility and extractions. Experience in performing titrations.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, please visit the https://forms.franklin.edu/employment to complete the application and attach a copy of your resume or curriculum vitae.
Equal Employment Opportunity