Computer Science Tutor
Franklin University Student Learning Center (SLC) seeks energetic, dependable, flexible, self-motivated candidates for the position of Computer Science Tutor at our Main Campus location (Columbus, Ohio). The SLC is looking to add qualified tutors to the staff of professional tutors. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills and have a demonstrated proficiency in the intended subject area.
Teaching and/or tutoring experience is preferred. Face-to-face positions available only.
• Fundamental concepts and techniques of programming to solve problems
in a wide range of applications
• Fundamentals of structured programming, problem solving, algorithm
design, and software lifecycle
• Data types, operations, repetition and selection control structures,
functions and procedures, arrays, top-down stepwise refinement, unit
testing, algorithm efficiency
• Fundamentals and design principles of object-oriented programming: abstraction, encapsulation, composition, inheritance and polymorphism, and class hierarchies
• I/O (interactive and file based), exception handling, linear data structures (lists, stacks, and queues), design patterns, test-driven development
Potential of up to 20 hours per week. Evenings (Monday through Thursday 4:00 – 8:00 p.m.) and Saturday (10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.) availability required.
Franklin University offers an incentive program, free parking, undergraduate tuition reimbursement for employees, and graduate tuition assistance. Visit www.franklin.edu for more information about Franklin University.
Candidates should submit a cover letter and résumé/curriculum vita to email@example.com.