Desktop Services Technician
Franklin University is seeking to fill a full-time Desktop Services Technician position. This individual will be responsible for assisting students, staff, and faculty by phone, email, and live chat with their technology questions and problems. This may include but is not limited to assisting with forgotten usernames and/or passwords, access to courses and University systems, and email and hardware support. This individual will also be responsible for providing hardware repair, application installation and problem resolution for on-campus computer systems in staff offices and computer labs. As a proactive team member, this individual will support continuous improvement and build strong internal relationships. The Help Desk is open from Monday-Thursday 8:00am-8:00pm, Friday 8:00am-5:00pm, Saturday 9:00am-1:00am, and Sunday 1:00pm-5:00pm. The initial hours for this position are Monday-Thursday 10:30 am-8:00 pm and Sunday 1:00 pm-5:00 pm. Please note that after initial training, the Sunday hours will be able to be worked from home. The scheduled hours for this position may vary depending upon the needs of the University.
• Previous Help Desk and call tracking experience
• Computer hardware support experience
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and listening skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to successfully multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Positive demeanor and willingness to embrace change
• Must work well within a team and be a team player
• Excellent documentation skills
• Strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
• Customer-centered focus required
• Demonstrated leadership ability
• Operating System, Browser and Office Application support experience are required
• Occasional travel to domestic locations may be required, and may require overnight travel
• Ability to lift up to 60 pounds (desktops, monitors, printers, scanners, etc.)
Preferred Skills and Characteristics:
• 6 months hands-on desktop technician experience
• CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ or Microsoft-centric certification
• Experience with Cisco desk phones and Cisco Communications Manager
• Associate’s degree
• Familiarity with Microsoft SCCM (Configuration Manager)
• Working knowledge of Active Directory
• Mac OS experience is a plus
• Familiarity with A/V technology integration
• Understanding of networking concepts
Founded in 1902 and based in Columbus, Ohio, Franklin University is busy executing a strategic plan to expand educational opportunity to ever greater numbers of students across the country and around the world. Franklin currently offers 36 undergraduate majors and 9 graduate programs and teaches classes at 5 locations in Ohio, a location in Indianapolis, as well as offering many courses online. In addition, Franklin’s MBA Program is offered internationally through agreements with institutions in Europe, the Middle East, and Asia.
Franklin offers a competitive benefits package, incentive program, free parking, free undergraduate tuition for employees and immediate family members, and graduate tuition assistance for full-time employees.
Qualified candidates may email a cover letter with salary requirements and resume as a MS Word Attachment titled “Desktop Services Technician” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer