Digital Marketing Specialist
Franklin University is seeking a Digital Marketing Specialist. This individual is responsible for managing search engine marketing to drive targeted, qualified web traffic to support lead generation and special initiatives. Assists in creating and executing the overall marketing strategy, defining KPIs, and optimizing all aspects of Franklin’s SEM initiatives. Ensures the timely adjustment of marketing strategy and plans to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
The successful candidate will:
- Champion search marketing initiatives in alignment with institutional objectives; provides strategic insight to develop long and short term execution plans for new and expanding search campaigns.
- Have responsibility for strategy and day-to-day management of paid search efforts, utilizing AdWords and Bing platforms, including budgeting, vendor management, campaign creation, keyword research, campaign optimization and analytics
- Have responsibility for strategy and day-to-day management of SEO efforts, including optimization of web pages, keyword research discovery and analysis, keyword mapping, managing local citations, monthly reporting and diagnosis and resolution of technical SEO issue
- Develop offsite link building strategies to increase organic search engine rankings, including development and management of content across digital properties
- Assist with content creation, distribution & promotion in digital marketing channels: video, social media, email newsletters, public relations, blog
- Work with organizational stakeholders, consultants, outside vendors, and team members to lead projects and channel resources to meet objectives
- Maintain knowledge of current SEM practices and stay informed of industry changes and translate them into actionable recommendations
- Support all efforts to meet marketing and organizational goals – contributes to other projects as needed
- Complete other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of strategic and operational web and marketing experience
- Experience driving conversions through SEM, SEO, PPC while maintaining target ROI
- Use SEO tools effectively: Google Webmaster Tools, Google Analytics, SpyFu, SEMRush
- Demonstrated knowledge of Content Management Systems: WordPress, Drupal, Joomla
- Have general understanding of Web Development, Web Design, HTML coding, CSS
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism, personal integrity, flexibility, and leadership skills
- Highly motivated with enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Budget and financial management experience
Founded in 1902 and based in Columbus, Ohio, Franklin University is busy executing a strategic plan to expand educational opportunity to ever greater numbers of students across the country and around the world. Franklin currently offers 36 undergraduate majors and nine graduate programs and teaches classes at five locations in Ohio and a location in Indianapolis, as well as online. In addition, Franklin’s MBA Program is offered internationally through agreements with institutions in Europe, the Middle East, and Asia.
Franklin offers a competitive benefits package, incentive program, free parking, free undergraduate tuition for employees and immediate family members, and graduate tuition assistance for full-time employees.
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. To apply, please submit a resume and application via the online employment application. The application can be accessed at: https://forms.franklin.edu/employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer