Instructional Design Faculty
Franklin University’s International Institute for Innovative Instruction is seeking an Instructional Design Faculty Member. The position has faculty status with expectations that the candidate will actively participate in the design of courses for the University, as well as teach in the Master of IDPT program or other courses to be assigned. In collaboration with content faculty, the successful candidate will apply instructional design theories and principles and utilize appropriate methodologies and technologies to design and develop courses for baccalaureate, master’s, and doctorate degree level curriculum for multiple formats.
Requirements include a doctorate. in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Training and Development, Adult Education, or related field; with a minimum of 3 years experience developing curriculum, training, or technical documentation in higher education.
Further expectations are that the candidate possesses:
- Affinity to explore new and innovative approaches in teaching and learning
- Proficiency in professional and scholarly communication
- Expertise in instructional design, foundational and emerging learning theories, adult learning principles, teaching methodology, and assessment
- Capability to lead and manage projects effectively and efficiently
- Skilled in collaborating effectively in teams
- Proficiency with learning management systems, MS Office products, graphics applications, image editing software such as Photoshop, and web-based conferencing applications
- Adept in the areas of self-initiative, multi-tasking, organization, attentive to detail, results oriented, interpersonal skills, and working in a rapidly changing environment
- Desire to actively participate in University service
Founded in 1902, Franklin University has a long tradition of providing student-centered, life-long higher education in a global context. The University, located in Columbus, Ohio provides undergraduate and graduate students, who often work full-time, the breadth of knowledge and career focused applications of a balanced education. The University is a non-tenure granting institution annually serving nearly 10,000 students. Franklin is also a leader in online education. Please visit our homepage at www.franklin.edu for more information about the University.
The University values faculty members who make contributions to the quality and visibility of its programs, encourages and rewards teamwork, and places a premium on excellent teaching. Franklin offers a competitive benefits package, incentive program, free parking, free Undergraduate tuition for employees and immediate family members, and Graduate tuition assistance for full-time employees.
Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled. If you are interested in the position, please forward a letter of application, vita or resume by email (as an attachment in MS Word format) titled “Instructional Design Faculty” to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Women and Minorities are urged to apply