Franklin University has a full-time position available for a Purchasing Agent. Responsibilities include:
• Receiving all deliveries against purchase orders
• Receiving goods and services into the business system
• Receiving all incoming packages and controlled mail pieces
• Make entries onto the package log and deliver them to the customer
• Maintain inventory of all items stored in the Purchasing Storeroom and the warehouse
• Providing monthly reports
• Prepare usage reports for food and beverage items on a weekly basis
• Process and deliver all items listed on Inventory Requests received from the various University departments
• Assist with making daily mail deliveries to all on-campus departments
• Assist with processing of incoming/outgoing mail
• Serve as backup to the Senior Purchasing Agent
• Maintain the storage area and warehouse spaces in a clean and organized fashion
• Assist with operation of in-house print services facilities
The successful candidate will have two years of experience in purchasing or material management and the ability to lift 50 pounds. Must be detail oriented; possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and the ability to multi-task. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is required. Experience with electronic requisition systems and knowledge of vendor management is also required.
Candidate must possess a strong customer-centered philosophy and develop an understanding of, and agreement with, Franklin’s relationship management principles and University values.
Founded in 1902 and based in Columbus, Ohio, Franklin University is busy executing a strategic plan to expand educational opportunity to ever greater numbers of students across the country and around the world. Franklin currently offers 36 undergraduate majors and nine graduate programs and teaches classes at four locations in Ohio and a location in Indianapolis, as well as online. In addition, Franklin’s MBA Program is offered internationally through agreements with institutions in Europe, the Middle East, and Asia.
Franklin offers a competitive benefits package, incentive program, free parking, free undergraduate tuition for employees and immediate family members, and graduate tuition assistance for full-time employees and immediate family members.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume with salary requirements as attachment in MS Word format titled “Purchasing Agent” to email@example.com.