Temporary Instructional Designer
Franklin University is seeking a temporary, part-time Instructional Designer to support Franklin UniversityLearning Solutions. In collaboration with faculty and content experts, the successful candidate will work 20-25 hours per week beginning in mid-May to apply instructional design methodology and utilize appropriate technology to develop and design curriculum. The assignment is currently slated to go until September, 2015 and may be extended dependent upon the needs of the University. The selected candidate will need to be onsite two days per Franklin University is seeking a temporary part-time Instructional Designer to support Franklin week with the remainder of the work being accomplished remotely.
Requirements include a Master’s Degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Training and Development, or related field; with a minimum of 2 years of experience developing curriculum, training, or technical documentation.
Further expectations are that the candidate possesses:
• Application level understanding of instructional design, adult learning, teaching methods, and e-learning technologies
• Demonstrated progression of challenging instructional design assignments
• Excellent knowledge of issues related to e-Learning, distance learning, and learning technologies
• Demonstrated ability to work within teams and a deadline driven environment
• Demonstrated proficiency with web authoring tools, internet-related technologies, and course management tools
• Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office products, graphics applications, image editing software, such as Photoshop, and web-based conferencing applications
Candidate must possess a strong customer-centered philosophy and develop an understanding of, and agreement with, Franklin’s relationship management principles and University values.
Founded in 1902 and based in Columbus, Ohio, Franklin University is busy executing a strategic plan to expand educational opportunity to ever greater numbers of students across the country and around the world. Franklin currently offers 36 undergraduate majors and nine graduate programs and teaches classes at four locations in Ohio and a location in Indianapolis, as well as online. In addition, Franklin’s MBA Program is offered internationally through agreements with institutions in Europe, the Middle East, and Asia.
If you are interested in the position, please forward a letter of application, vita or resume by email (as an attachment in MS Word format) titled “Temporary Instructional Designer” to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer