Temporary Instructional Designer
Franklin University is seeking a temporary part-time Instructional Designer to support the Department of Franklin University Learning Solutions. In collaboration with faculty and content experts, the successful candidate will work 20-30 hours a week and apply instructional design methodology and utilize appropriate technology to develop and design curriculum.
Requirements include a Master’s Degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Training and Development, or related field; with a minimum of 2 years of experience developing curriculum, training, or technical documentation.
Further expectations are that the candidate possesses:
• Application level understanding of instructional design, adult learning, teaching methods, and e-learning technologies
• Demonstrated progression of challenging instructional design assignments
• Excellent knowledge of issues related to e-Learning, distance learning, and learning technologies
• Demonstrated ability to work within teams and a deadline driven environment
• Demonstrated proficiency with web authoring tools, internet-related technologies, and course management tools
• Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office products, graphics applications, image editing software, such as Photoshop, and web-based conferencing applications
Founded in 1902, Franklin University has a long tradition of providing student-centered, life-long higher education in a global context. The University, located in Columbus, Ohio provides undergraduate and graduate students, who often work full-time, the breadth of knowledge and career focused applications of a balanced education. The University annually serves nearly 10,000 students. Franklin is also a leader in online education. Please visit our homepage at www.franklin.edu for more information about the University.
Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled. If you are interested in the position, please forward a letter of application, vita or resume by email (as an attachment in MS Word format) titled “Instructional Designer” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer