- Academic Advising
- Financial Aid
- Course Schedule
- Business Office
- Technology Resources
- Campus Information
- Disability Services
- University Policies
- Student Learning Center
- Graduation Information
- Safety and Security Services
- Center for Career Development
- Military & Veterans
- Coaching Programs
- Student Organizations
Inclement Weather Policy
Franklin University is normally open during periods of ordinary seasonal inclement weather. The University is committed to providing the most direct path to graduation for its students and understands the pedagogical impact and interruption of the learning process that results from canceling a course session. An emergency closing of the University will be implemented only under severe and extreme circumstances.
During inclement weather, individuals are urged to exercise discretion and sound judgment regarding travel since safe transportation to and from the campus depends on many factors, such as distance, and specific road conditions on travel routes. Students, staff and faculty residing in counties under a Level 3 snow emergency should remain at home.
Students, faculty, and staff should refer to the Franklin University website, sign up to receive text messages through the FranklinAlerts emergency text messaging system, and monitor local media to determine cancellations, delays, and rescheduling of University operations or courses.
• Find the most up-to-date information on the University’s homepage: www.franklin.edu.
• The University provides emergency text message notification through the FranklinAlert system. Students signed up for FranklinAlerts will receive an email or text message providing basic information on a closing or delay. If you currently do not receive FranklinAlerts, please click here to register.
• The University will also notify local media outlets.
All online classes will be conducted as scheduled, regardless of closures or delays. Please be aware that support services provided through the University may not be available during a closure.
Ready to start an application?
Franklin's student-centered philosophy is one of the many reasons so many students choose us!START YOUR APPLICATION