- Academic Advising
- Financial Aid
- Course Schedule
- Technology Resources
- Campus Information
- Disability Services
- University Policies
- Student Learning Center
- About Us
- SLA - Structured Learning Assistance
- SLC for Instructors
- Web Resources
- Graduation Information
- Safety and Security Services
- New Student Orientation
- Center for Career Development
- Military & Veterans
- Coaching Programs
- Student Organizations
Student Learning Center
As a Franklin student, you have access to free tutoring services with options to fit your needs and your schedule.View Tutoring Schedule
Schedule your tutoring appointment today.
614.947.6800 or 1.866.341.6206 (toll free)email@example.com
You can schedule appointments as early as one week in advance.
By attending this workshop, students should learn how to properly write college papers according to APA style guidelines. During this workshop you will:
- Discuss Plagiarism - learn why citing is important
- Learn the difference between a direct quote, a summary, and paraphrasing
- Learn tips on how to properly cite sources
- Learn the most common types of APA citations
- Learn more about Turnitin.com
Essentials of College Writing
By attending this workshop, students should learn how to write an effective undergraduate paper. During this workshop you will learn:
- Six steps to take to write a more effective college paper
- How to avoid anxiety when writing a paper
- How to avoid procrastination
- How to avoid common writing mistakes
Session Recordings:View a recording of the Essentials of College Writing workshop here!
By attending this workshop, students should learn how to write a more effective graduate paper. During this workshop you will learn:
- Why writing is an important skill
- The different writing support resources Franklin provides to aid graduate students
- A roadmap of how to write an effective graduate paper
- How to avoid common writing mistakes
- How to use APA style
Session Recordings:View a recording of the Graduate Library and Writing Essentials workshop here!
Writing and Researching Effectively
By attending this workshop, a student should learn how to complete a research paper from start to finish. During this workshop you will:
- Receive an introduction to the library’s services
- Learn how to utilize the library’s online database system
- Receive an introduction to the SLC’s services
- Learn steps to conduct effective research and write a more effective paper
- Discuss tips and tricks to be a better researcher and writer
Session Recordings:View a recording of the Writing and Researching Effectively workshop here!
Global Issues Workshop Series
By attending this workshop students will gain a better understanding of how to
develop a research plan and write an effective college paper. During this workshop, students will....
- Discover tools for finding information needed to complete HUMN 305 research assignments
- Develop college writing skills
- Practice how to apply APA Style Guidelines
Session Recordings:View a recording of the Find, Write & Cite: History, Government & Economics workshop here! View a recording of the Find, Write & Cite: Migration, Immigration & Emigration workshop here! View a recording of the Find, Write & Cite: Environment, Crime & Disease Find, Write, and Cite for Global Issues
Find, Write, & Cite for College Writing
During this workshop, students will learn how to...
- Search current events databases like CQ Researcher and
- Find comprehensive sources and analysis on issues in
- Write concise, critical summaries (annotations) of
- Cite sources using APA style
*This workshop is perfectly suited for students enrolled in
WRIT 120, WRIT 320, MIS 320, and any other course that
requires researching, writing, and citing.
Franklin University Writing Resources
Sign-up to use Grammarly.com with your Franklin e-mail address to receive instant sentence level feedback on your papers!
- Grammar for Grownups
- Grammar Quiz
- Online Writing Review Request Form
- Grammarly@edu: Provides an instant grammar check.