Web Development Degree Online ProgramProgram OverviewProgram DetailsWhy Choose Franklin
Web Development - Bachelor of Science Degree
124 Semester Hours
Fundamental General Education Core (24 hours)
Choose a minimum of 3 semester hours from:
- WRIT 120 - COLLEGE WRITING (4)
Choose a minimum of three semester hours from:
- MATH 215 - STATISTICAL CONCEPTS (4) 1
Social and Behavioral Sciences
Choose a minimum of 6 semester hours from:
Coursework from the Anthropology, Economics, Psychology, or Sociology disciplines, or PUAD 295 American Government in Action.
Arts and Humanities
Additional General Education Requirements (15 hours)
University Electives (28 hours)
Any undergraduate courses offered by the University except developmental education courses.
Major Area (57 hours)
- COMP 101 - PROBLEM SOLVING WITH COMPUTING (2)
- COMP 281 - DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS (4)
- COMP 325 - HUMAN COMPUTER INTERACTION (4)
- GRPH 117 - GRAPHIC EDITING SOFTWARE (1)
- GRPH 210 - FUNDAMENTALS OF GRAPHIC DESIGN (4)
- GRPH 310 - ADVANCED GRAPHIC DESIGN (4)
- ITEC 136 - PRINCIPLES OF PROGRAMMING (4)
- MIS 310 - INFORMATION SYSTEMS ARCHITECTURE & TECHNOLOGY (4)
- MIS 320 - TECHNICAL COMMUNICATION (4)
- MKTG 300 - MARKETING (4) 1
- WEBD 101 - INTRODUCTION TO WEB PAGE CONSTRUCTION (2)
- WEBD 236 - WEB INFORMATION SYSTEMS PROGRAMMING (4)
- WEBD 335 - ADVANCED CLIENT SIDE DEVELOPMENT (4)
- WEBD 435 - ADVANCED SERVER SIDE DEVELOPMENT (4)
- WEBD 445 - ADVANCED WEB DEVELOPMENT (4)
- WEBD 495 - WEB DEVELOPMENT CAPSTONE (4)
All students are required to pass College Writing (WRIT 120), either Basic Learning Strategies (PF 121) or Learning Strategies (PF 321) and either Speech Communication (SPCH 100) or Interpersonal Communication (COMM 150) prior to enrolling in any other course at the 200 level or above. Either PF 121 or PF 321 must be taken prior to the first BLF course, or it may be taken concurrently with the first 15-week BLF course. Students who enroll at Franklin with 30 or fewer hours of transfer credit are required to pass Basic Learning Strategies (PF 121) in place of Learning Strategies (PF 321). Students must also meet the University algebra competency requirement.
Considering Web Development?
Learn more about our program without any pressure to enroll.
Get in touch with us today!
Please see the Academic Bulletin for the complete list of degree and residency requirements.
Web Development - Subsequent Bachelor of Science DegreeView Curriculum
Looking to earn an additional bachelor’s degree? A subsequent degree is specifically designed for students who have already completed a bachelor's degree or higher.
Franklin is for you. Find out why.
Learn about our flexible class
scheduling, affordable tuition, and
history educating adult learners.
Your request for information has been received, and we will send you an email confirmation shortly.
Apply For Admission Apply Now
Find out if this program is available in your area
On SiteHover over markers
for more details.