Accounts Receivable Analyst
Franklin University has a full-time position available as an Accounts Receivable Analyst. This position will be primarily responsible for managing the transactional processing and reconciliation functions of the business office, including billing, student tax reporting, student refunding, audit activities and appropriate forms and procedures.
Franklin University is a private, independent, accredited, not-for-profit University located in Columbus, Ohio. Candidates will work an onsite hybrid schedule, but consideration will be given to candidates who work remotely with a commitment to be onsite, as needed.
Representative duties include:
• Maintaining the accounts receivable subsidiary ledgers and supporting documentation for financial reporting and assisting in the completion of annual audits.
• Maintaining records and completing reconciliations for various accounts related to student activity
• Performing detailed account analyses to identify student credit balances and issuing refunds in accordance with university procedures and guidelines as well as mandatory federal regulations
• Administering third party (non-student or student sponsor) billing process providing accurate and timely invoices, following-up on delinquent accounts and reconciliations to the general ledger
• Maintaining existing payment processes and assisting in establishing new methods and types of payments to facilitate emerging business and pricing strategies
• Monthly preparation and/or approval of general ledger account reconciliations, and detailed account analysis with comparison to prior periods and trend analysis.
• Providing support to the Assistant Director of the Business Office on various projects and ad-hoc requests
• Providing training and instruction to Business Office Specialists and maintain process documents to facilitate the onboarding and training of Specialists
We seek someone with a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant accounting and administrative business experience for this key role. The selected individual will have significant accounting knowledge and experience, including an understanding of accounting processes, account maintenance and reconciliation, journal entries, and transaction processing. The role requires someone with strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently. In addition, the Accounts Receivable Analyst must have strong computer aptitude and proficiency with MS Excel in addition to demonstrating excellent oral and written communication skills, being detail oriented, and having the ability to multitask and prioritize work in a faced-paced environment.
Prior experience within higher education and/or student financial aid, veteran and military benefits, Ellucian’s Colleague ERP system, SQL, and Microsoft PowerBI would all be pluses in this position.
Founded in 1902, Franklin University has built its reputation on removing barriers to higher education for ambitious adults who must balance their educational goals with other commitments. Accredited and nonprofit, Franklin has earned its long-standing reputation as an innovator in online education. The University offers applied, in-demand undergraduate, master’s and doctorate programs that enable adult learners to achieve their educational and professional goals. From entrepreneurs to CEOs, more than 50,000 Franklin alumni can be found around the world contributing to the communities in which they live and work.
Franklin offers a competitive benefits package, incentive program and free parking. In addition, Franklin provides free undergraduate tuition for employees and immediate family members, graduate tuition assistance for full-time employees and immediate family members, and a discount on doctoral tuition for employees.
Franklin University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational and workplace environment. Franklin does not discriminate on the basis of age, religion, race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, immigration status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, disability, or veteran or military status.