Adjunct Faculty - Fire & Emergency Services
Franklin University is seeking an adjunct faculty member to teach Fire & Emergency Services Administration beginning July 1, 2019. The course will be taught online and will be a 6 weeks in length.
- Teach online and/or face-to-face courses following already designed curriculum.
- Engage and interact with students on a regular basis in discussions, emails, announcements, phone conversations, online sessions, etc.
- Provide timely responses, support, and feedback to students, including robust feedback on assignments
- Conduct live web sessions with students on a regular basis.
- Provide additional relevant content for the course and help students understand the practical relevance of course concepts.
Position Requirements: Master’s in Public Safety, Fire Science, Public Administration, or closely related field is required. Must have five years of work experience in fire service. 2 years of first-line supervision or management experience is preferred. Prior experience teaching in higher education is preferred.
Accredited, nonprofit and dedicated to educating adults since 1902, Franklin provides onsite course options at over 25 Midwest locations and is an innovator in providing personalized online education. The University offers applied in-demand undergraduate, master’s and doctorate programs that enable adult learners to achieve their educational and professional goals. The University also offers several academic programs internationally, including its top-ranked MBA, through agreements with partner institutions.
Franklin University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and holds specialized accreditations for specific academic programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education and the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.