Financial Aid Associate
Franklin University is seeking to fill a full-time Financial Aid Associate. This position is a member of the financial aid processing team, which is responsible for the administration of all Title IV Federal, state, institutional and private aid funding in order to meet the financial needs of students at Franklin University; this is not a student-facing position and will focus on various aspects of the administration of aid programs. This position will be responsible for program management in assigned areas of responsibilities and job duties of the selected individual may include (but are not limited to): performing needs analysis, import of financial aid records, resolving student eligibility issues, completing verification, and determination of eligibility for financial aid in accordance with policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will have
• A Bachelor's degree
• One year of experience in student financial aid, student affairs, higher education administration, or related fields
• Proven attention to detail and ability to manage high volumes of activity
• Ability to exercise sound judgment, critical thinking and problem solving
• Demonstrated ability to successfully multi-task in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in order to serve a diverse population.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• And must not be in default on title IV loans
• Demonstrated knowledge of the federal verification and financial aid awarding principles
• Experience with automated systems from the Department of Education and any FA Student Information Systems (specifically Ellucian Colleague)
Founded in 1902, Franklin University has built its reputation on removing barriers to higher education for ambitious adults who must balance their educational goals with other commitments. Accredited and nonprofit, Franklin has earned its long-standing reputation as an innovator in online education. The University offers applied, in-demand undergraduate, master’s and doctorate programs that enable adult learners to achieve their educational and professional goals. From entrepreneurs to CEOs, more than 50,000 Franklin alumni can be found around the world contributing to the communities in which they live and work.
Franklin offers a competitive benefits package, incentive program and free parking. In addition, Franklin provides free undergraduate tuition for employees and immediate family members, graduate tuition assistance for full-time employees and immediate family members, and a discount on doctoral tuition for employees.
Franklin University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational and workplace environment. Franklin does not discriminate on the basis of age, religion, race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, immigration status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, disability, or veteran or military status.