IT Services Technician
Franklin University is seeking to fill a full-time IT Services Technician position. This individual will primarily be responsible for assisting students, staff, and faculty via the Help Desk phone, email, and live chat with their technology questions and problems. This may include, but is not limited to, assisting with forgotten usernames and/or passwords, access to courses and University systems, and email and hardware support. This individual may also be responsible for providing hardware repair, application installation and problem resolution for on-campus computer systems in staff offices and computer labs. As a proactive team member, this individual will support continuous improvement and build strong internal relationships. The Help Desk maintains the following weekly operational hours:
We are seeking someone with flexibility to work within the standard hours of operation. Weekend availability is required and weekend hours can be worked from home.
• Previous Help Desk and call tracking experience
• Computer hardware support experience
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and listening skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to successfully multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Positive demeanor and willingness to embrace change
• Must work well within a team and be a team player
• Excellent documentation skills
• Strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
• Customer-centered focus required
• Demonstrated leadership ability
• Operating system, browser, and Microsoft Office application support experience are required
• Occasional travel to domestic locations may be required
• Ability to lift up to 60 pounds (desktops, monitors, printers, scanners, etc.)
Preferred Skills and Characteristics:
• 6 months hands-on desktop technician experience
• CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ or Microsoft-centric certification
• Experience with Cisco desk phones and Cisco Communications Manager
• Associate’s degree
• Familiarity with Microsoft SCCM (Configuration Manager)
• Working knowledge of Active Directory
• Mac OS experience is a plus
• Familiarity with A/V technology integration
• Understanding of networking concepts
Founded in 1902, Franklin University has built its reputation on removing barriers to higher education for ambitious adults who must balance their educational goals with other commitments. Accredited and nonprofit, Franklin has earned its long-standing reputation as an innovator in online education. The University offers applied, in-demand undergraduate, master’s and doctorate programs that enable adult learners to achieve their educational and professional goals. From entrepreneurs to CEOs, more than 45,000 Franklin alumni can be found around the world contributing to the communities in which they live and work.
Franklin offers a competitive benefits package, incentive program and free parking. In addition, Franklin provides free undergraduate tuition for employees and immediate family members, graduate tuition assistance for full-time employees and immediate family members, and a discount on doctoral tuition for employees.
Franklin University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational and workplace environment. Franklin does not discriminate on the basis of age, religion, race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, immigration status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, disability, or veteran or military status.