IT Services Technician
Franklin University has a full-time position available for an IT Services Technician who will be responsible for assisting students, staff, and faculty by phone, email, and chat with technology questions and incidents. This may include but is not limited to assisting with forgotten usernames and/or passwords, access to courses and University systems, and email and hardware support. The IT Services Technician will also be responsible for performing hardware repair, application installation, and problem resolution for on-campus computer systems in staff offices and computer labs. As a proactive team member, this individual will support continuous improvement and build strong internal relationships.
The IT Services Technician must have flexibility to work between 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 8:00 to 5:00 p.m. on Friday, every fourth Sunday from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. and the following Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. as part of a weekend rotation.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required with someone with an associate’s degree or actively working towards their bachelor’s degree being preferred. We require someone with:
• Previous Help Desk and call tracking experience
• Computer hardware support experience
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and listening skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to successfully multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Willingness to embrace change
• The ability to work well within a team and be a team player
• Excellent documentation skills
• Strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
• Customer-centered focus
• Demonstrated leadership ability
• OS, Browser and Office Application support experience
• Ability to lift up to 60 pounds (desktops, monitors, printers, scanners, etc.)
In addition, the following are preferred:
• 6 months hands-on desktop technician experience or remove technical support experience
• CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ or Microsoft-centric certification
• Experience with Office365 Support
• Experience with remote technical support tools
• Experience with a request tracking system(s)
• Familiarity with Microsoft SCCM (Configuration Manager)
• Working knowledge of Active Directory
• Mac OS experience
Founded in 1902, Franklin University has built its reputation on removing barriers to higher education for ambitious adults who must balance their educational goals with other commitments. Accredited and nonprofit, Franklin has earned its long-standing reputation as an innovator in online education. The University offers applied, in-demand undergraduate, master’s and doctorate programs that enable adult learners to achieve their educational and professional goals. From entrepreneurs to CEOs, more than 50,000 Franklin alumni can be found around the world contributing to the communities in which they live and work.
Franklin offers a competitive benefits package, incentive program and free parking. In addition, Franklin provides free undergraduate tuition for employees and immediate family members, graduate tuition assistance for full-time employees and immediate family members, and a discount on doctoral tuition for employees.
Franklin University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational and workplace environment. Franklin does not discriminate on the basis of age, religion, race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, immigration status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, disability, or veteran or military status.