Lead Faculty, Accounting
Franklin University, a private, independent, accredited, not-for-profit University located in Columbus, Ohio is seeking an energetic and experienced Lead Faculty for its M.S. and B.S. Accounting Programs. This is a full time, 12-month academic appointment that can be remote. The Lead Faculty will fulfill administrative duties for the M.S. and B.S. Accounting Programs and be responsible for:
- Program, course, and curriculum development
- Oversight of instructional quality, including evaluation, coaching, and mentoring of adjunct faculty for face-to-face and online courses
- Service on university committees
- Teaching a minimum of 3 courses per academic year
- Championing the M.S. and B.S. Accounting Programs and developing and maintaining relations with internal and external stakeholders
- Assisting with the Accounting Program assessment plan and accreditation process
- Coordinating with admissions, advising, and other departments on campus to support student success
- Coordinating projects for the program, department, and university, as assigned
The Lead Faculty position requires a master’s degree in accounting or a related field (doctoral preferred but not required); CPA, and 5+ years of professional experience in accounting, auditing, or taxation, with a preference toward auditing and data analytics experience; supervisory experience; and experience teaching working adult students. Preference will be given to candidates with experience supervising adjunct faculty and/or developing course and program curriculum.
Founded in 1902, Franklin University has built its reputation on removing barriers to higher education for ambitious adults who must balance their educational goals with other commitments. Accredited and nonprofit, Franklin has earned its long-standing reputation as an innovator in online education. The University offers applied, in-demand undergraduate, master’s and doctorate programs that enable adult learners to achieve their educational and professional goals. From entrepreneurs to CEOs, more than 50,000 Franklin alumni can be found around the world contributing to the communities in which they live and work.
Franklin offers a competitive benefits package, incentive program and free parking. In addition, Franklin provides free undergraduate tuition for employees and immediate family members, graduate tuition assistance for full-time employees and immediate family members, and a discount on doctoral tuition for employees.
Franklin University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational and workplace environment. Franklin does not discriminate on the basis of age, religion, race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, immigration status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, disability, or veteran or military status.