Part-time Statistics Tutor
Part-Time Learning Commons Statistics Tutor
Franklin University’s Learning Commons seeks energetic, dependable, flexible, self-motivated candidates for the position of Statistics Tutor.
Flexibility to tutor in-person and online (both synchronous and asynchronous) environments is desired. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills and have a demonstrated proficiency in the intended subject area.
MATH 807 Intro to Statistics with SAS
- Descriptive statistics in SAS, including basic statistical terminology, statistical graphs, numerical summaries of data, probability concepts and distributions, and sampling distributions, and interpreting outputs.
MATH 810 Applied Statistics
- Fundamental statistical tests for central values, variances and categorical variables; regression analysis and general linear model. The emphasis will be on selecting and applying the appropriate statistical techniques as well as interpretation and reporting of results with SAS.
- The text is Ott, R. L., & Longnecker, M. (2016). An introduction to statistical methods and data analysis (7th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning. ISBN: 9781305269477 (print), 9781305465527 (e-text).
- Course topics include probability laws and discrete probability distributions; continuous probability distributions and sampling distributions; inferences about population central values, population variances and more than two population central values; multiple comparisons; categorical data; linear regression and correlation; and multiple regression.
- There are practice exercises and projects.
MTHD 820 Advanced Quantitative Research & Design
- Course covers multiple regression analysis of covariance, multivariate analysis of variance, discriminant analysis, logistic regression, principle component and factor analysis, structural equation modeling
- There are practice exercises and a project that relates to an analysis chosen by the student.
Requirements: Ideal candidate will have MS or Ph. D coursework or degree in Statistics. Experience working with SAS software. Teaching or tutoring experience is preferred. Candidate should be available to tutor both Online and Face-to-Face.
Hours: Potential of up to 15 hours per week. Evening and Saturday availability required.
Franklin University offers free parking, undergraduate tuition reimbursement for employees, and graduate tuition assistance. Visit www.franklin.edu for more information about the University. Candidates should submit a cover letter and résumé/curriculum vita to email@example.com.
Founded in 1902, Franklin University has built its reputation on removing barriers to higher education for ambitious adults who must balance their educational goals with other commitments. Accredited and nonprofit, Franklin has earned its long-standing reputation as an innovator in online education. The University offers applied, in-demand undergraduate, master’s and doctorate programs that enable adult learners to achieve their educational and professional goals. From entrepreneurs to CEOs, more than 45,000 Franklin alumni can be found around the world contributing to the communities in which they live and work.
Franklin University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational and workplace environment. Franklin does not discriminate on the basis of age, religion, race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, immigration status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, disability, or veteran or military status.