Program Chair, B. S. Accounting
Franklin University is seeking an energetic and experienced academic leader to chair its B.S. Accounting Program. This is a full time, 12 month academic appointment that can be remote. The Chair will provide leadership for the B.S. Accounting Program and be responsible for:
• Program, course, and curriculum development
• Oversight of instructional quality, including evaluation, coaching, and mentoring of adjunct faculty for face-to-face and online courses
• Service on university committees
• Teaching - 3 courses per academic year
• Championing the B.S. Accounting Program and developing and maintaining relations with internal and external stakeholders
• Managing the program’s assessment plan
• Coordinating with admissions, advising, and other departments on campus to support student success
• Coordinating projects for the program, department, and university, as assigned
The Program Chair position requires a doctorate in accounting or a related field; 5+ years of professional experience in accounting, auditing, or taxation, with a strong preference toward candidates with meaningful auditing and data analytics experience; supervisory experience; and experience teaching working adult students. Preference will be given to candidates with professional certification as a CPA and those with experience supervising adjunct faculty and/or developing course and program curriculum.
Founded in 1902, Franklin University has built its reputation on removing barriers to higher education for ambitious adults who must balance their educational goals with other commitments. Accredited and nonprofit, Franklin has earned its long-standing reputation as an innovator in online education. The University offers applied, in-demand undergraduate, master’s and doctorate programs that enable adult learners to achieve their educational and professional goals. From entrepreneurs to CEOs, more than 50,000 Franklin alumni can be found around the world contributing to the communities in which they live and work.
Franklin offers a competitive benefits package, incentive program and free parking. In addition, Franklin provides free undergraduate tuition for employees and immediate family members, graduate tuition assistance for full-time employees and immediate family members, and a discount on doctoral tuition for employees.
Franklin University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational and workplace environment. Franklin does not discriminate on the basis of age, religion, race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, immigration status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, disability, or veteran or military status.