Social Media & Public Relations Temporary Assistant
Franklin University is seeking a part-time Social Media and PR Intern to work 24 hours per week through the end of July. The selected candidate should bring experience working in a creative, fast-paced environment with exposure to a variety of marketing and communications focus areas. These include media relations, social media, internal communications, strategic research and branding, and more.
This temporary assistant position will help with social media and public relations efforts in support of the Franklin University enterprise, which includes Franklin University, Urbana University (a branch campus of Franklin University), FranklinWORKS, etc…
The Social Media and PR temporary assistant is responsible for supporting the Director of Communications and Public Relations in implementing a variety of projects.
- Social Media content creation and management on various social platforms
- Monitor social media conversations and provide reputation management services
- Market research for drafting post copy for organic and promotional content
- Aggregate and analyze data for competitive social audits and analyses
- Develop, consolidate and organize media lists, editorial calendars and media results reports
- Draft news releases and social media content; and may support the development of integrated campaign materials including editorials and pitch pieces, etc.
- Contribute to other projects as assigned
Ideal Applicants Possess:
- Undergraduate or Post-Graduate degree in marketing, business, communications, journalism, PR or a related field
- Experience in social media management
- Experience in public relations
- Internet and Social Media savvy
- Superior written, verbal, research and organizational skills
- Proficiency using AP Style
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Strong interpersonal, critical thinking and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task, be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail, including proofreading
- A positive attitude, drive and a willingness to learn
If you’re interested in joining the Franklin University Marketing team, apply now by submitting an employment application along with resume and cover letter at: http://tinyurl.com/franklin-urbana-employment.
Founded in 1902, Franklin University has built its reputation on removing barriers to higher education for ambitious adults who must balance their educational goals with other commitments. Accredited and nonprofit, Franklin has earned its long-standing reputation as an innovator in online education. The University offers applied, in-demand undergraduate, master’s and doctorate programs that enable adult learners to achieve their educational and professional goals. From entrepreneurs to CEOs, more than 45,000 Franklin alumni can be found around the world contributing to the communities in which they live and work.
Franklin University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational and workplace environment. Franklin does not discriminate on the basis of age, religion, race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, immigration status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, disability, or veteran or military status.