Temporary Instructional Designer
Franklin University is seeking a temporary, part-time Instructional Designer to support our International Institute for Innovative Instruction. In collaboration with faculty and content experts, the successful candidate will work 20-25 hours per week to apply instructional design methodology and utilize appropriate technology to develop and design curriculum.
Requirements include a Master’s Degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Training and Development, or related field; with a minimum of 2 years of experience developing curriculum, training, or technical documentation.
Further expectations are that the candidate possesses:
• Application level understanding of instructional design, adult learning, teaching methods, and e-learning technologies
• Demonstrated progression of challenging instructional design assignments
• Excellent knowledge of issues related to e-Learning, distance learning, and learning technologies
• Demonstrated ability to work within teams and a deadline driven environment
• Demonstrated proficiency with web authoring tools, internet-related technologies, and course management tools
• Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office products, graphics applications, image editing software, such as Photoshop, and web-based conferencing applications
Founded in 1902, Franklin University has built its reputation on removing barriers to higher education for ambitious adults who must balance their educational goals with other commitments. Accredited and nonprofit, Franklin has earned its long-standing reputation as an innovator in online education. The University offers applied, in-demand undergraduate, master’s and doctorate programs that enable adult learners to achieve their educational and professional goals. From entrepreneurs to CEOs, more than 45,000 Franklin alumni can be found around the world contributing to the communities in which they live and work.
Franklin University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational and workplace environment. Franklin does not discriminate on the basis of age, religion, race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, immigration status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, disability, or veteran or military status.