As part of January’s Stalking Awareness theme and its commitment to create a safe environment, Franklin University will host a workshop titled “Fight Back: Safety, Stalking & Domestic Violence” to help educate attendees on the dangers and preventative measures associated with these subject matters.
The Jan. 17, 10-11:30 a.m. workshop will feature a number of local experts who will provide information to assist with obtaining support and resources. Workshop speakers include:
- Judge Guy Reece, Franklin County Common Pleas Courts
- Ron O’Brien, Franklin County Prosecutor
- Jaiza Page, Columbus City Council
- Zach Klien, City of Columbus Attorney
- Sgt. Richard Ketcham, Columbus Police
- Clifton Spinner, Director, Safety & Security, Franklin University
- Carmella Yvonne, Women of Sovereignty
Speakers will bring awareness and provide information to assist individuals with obtaining resources and support including:
- How to obtain Restraining Orders/Order of Protection
- Assistance with Domestic Violence/Sex Trafficking
- Stalking & Harassment (cyber bullying social media)
- Campus Safety & Security
- Victim Rights
- Basic understanding of the court system process
For any questions, please contact Tracy Taylor at 614.259.7069 or Randi Quinn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accredited, nonprofit and dedicated to educating adults since 1902, Franklin provides onsite course options at over 25 Midwest locations and is an innovator in providing personalized online education. The University offers applied in-demand undergraduate, master’s and doctorate programs that enable adult learners to achieve their educational and professional goals. The University also offers several academic programs internationally, including its top-ranked MBA, through agreements with partner institutions.
Franklin University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and holds specialized accreditations for specific academic programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education and the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.