The admission process reflects Franklin University’s efforts to clearly identify the performance standards that can help predict student success in graduate level study. The selection criterion for Franklin’s graduate programs, as determined by faculty, emphasizes academic ability, contributory work experience, and personal qualities and characteristics.
Requirements for admission include having earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution. The bachelor’s degree final cumulative GPA must be at least a 2.75 on a 4.0 scale, otherwise a graduate entrance exam may be required. The candidate’s work history, references, and other personal qualities and characteristics will be considered as well if the GPA requirement is not met.
Recommended Application Deadlines
July 9, 2018
November 19, 2018
No summer start
Applicants must hold a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree.
Evidence of Active Nursing License
Applicants must have a valid, active RN license in the U.S. or in a jurisdiction that is an associate member of the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCBSN).
- Applicants holding the equivalent of an RN licensure or certification outside the U.S. must submit a Credential Evaluation Services (CES) Academic Report from the Council of Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS).
- All students must maintain licensure throughout the program of study.
- License information should be submitted here.
This may be a requirement for applicants that earned a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution, with a GPA below 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale).
English Language Testing & TOEFL IELTS
Prospective students must demonstrate English Language Proficiency. The requirement is met through any of the following:
- The applicant is a citizen of a country where English is the official language.*
- The applicant has received a bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an institution located in an English-speaking country in which the courses were taught in English.*
- The applicant has earned appropriate scores on language proficiency exams taken within the last two years, as listed in the Academic Bulletin.
*For more information about English proficiency, including a list of English-speaking nations, please visit our International Students section.