Military & Veterans
10 Tips for Enjoying the Holidays
Holidays can sometimes feel overwhelming, and that stress may prevent you from fully enjoying the time spent with your loved ones. Being mindful of these stressors and focusing on what you can do to minimize them will create a more enjoyable holiday season for you. Not sure where to start? Below are 10 tips for enjoying the holidays.
- Reflect on what is important to you during the holidays.
- Make a plan as early as possible about what you will do during the holidays.
- Communicate clearly how others can assist or support you.
- Realize the holiday season is a marathon, not a sprint.
- Maintain healthy habits.
- Manage your spending.
- Monitor alcohol and medications – individually and together.
- Manage your expectations for family gatherings.
- Think ahead about stories or observations from the past as a family that you’d like to share.
- Reflect on what went well this holiday season and improvements you.
Click here to read the full article provided by John Hopkins Medicine.