- Learning Support
- Academic Advising
- Experiential Learning
- Professional Organizations
- Student, Alumni and Faculty Spotlight
- University Bulletin
- Graduation Information
- Transfer Credit Information
- Request Your Franklin Transcripts
- HEERF Quarterly Report
- Payment Options & Refunds
- Federal & State Aid
- Special Circumstance
- Institutional Aid & Private Loans
- Verification Process
- Disbursing Aid
- Things That Affect Your Aid
- Return to Title IV Policy
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy
- Financial Aid Resources
- Tuition & Fees
- Technology Support
- Wellness Resources
- Career Development
- Student Organizations & Activities
- Counseling Services
- LGBTQ+ Resources
- Consortium Course Enrollment
- University Directory
- Safety & Security
- Office of Accessibility Services
- Institutional Review Board (IRB)
Military & Veterans
- Military Family Member Discount
- Military Scholarships
- Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserves
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Ohio National Guard Scholarship Program
- Post 911 GI Bill
- Reserve Education Assistance Program
- Survivors & Dependents Assistance
- Training Time
- Veteran Payment Policies
- Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment VetSuccess Program
- Yellow Ribbon Program
- Career Development
- Getting Started
- F-1 Visa Checklist
- Financial Responsibility
- Tips For a Successful Visa Interview
- Change to F-1 Status
- Bringing Dependents to the U.S.
- Enrolling in Classes
- Updating Records
- Resolving Status Problems
- Completing Your Program
- Accident & Illness Insurance
- Your Rights in the U.S.
- On-Campus Employment
- Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
- Module 1: Am I Eligible For OPT?
- Module 2: How do I prepare for OPT?
- Module 3: What do I do once I’ve applied for OPT?
- Module 4: What do I do when my OPT is ending?
- Severe Economic Hardship
- International Student Orientation
Creating Brave Spaces: Helping Students Cope with Discrimination and Bias in Learning Environments
Date & Time:
Thu, Jun. 23, 2022 | 12:00 - 1:00 PM
Join us on Thursday, June 23 at 12:00 p.m. (EDT) as The School of Nursing presents the second in a series of Diversity Equity, Inclusion and Belonging workshops for nursing and other interested faculty, "Creating Brave Spaces: Helping Students Cope with Discrimination and Bias in Learning Environments."
Discrimination and bias continue to be a near-daily occurrence for most underrepresented minorities. When this occurs in a learning environment, be it a classroom or clinical setting, the effects create barriers to student success. When it occurs in the professional environment, it leads to burnout for the individual and increased turnover for employers.
This presentation will provide teachers and partners with guidance about how best to intervene when a student experiences these activities in their academic career.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Describe the impact of experiencing various types of discrimination and bias on students across multiple learning environments.
- Explore the definition and development of Brave Spaces.
- Develop a set of interventions and scripts for working with students who have experienced discriminatory acts or different types of bias in their learning environments.
If you are interested in attending this event, please register below.
- Current Students