- Learning Support
- Academic Advising
- Experiential Learning
- Professional Organizations
- Student, Alumni and Faculty Spotlight
- University Bulletin
- Graduation Information
- Transfer Credit Information
- Request Your Franklin Transcripts
- COVID-19 Student Emergency Funds
- Payment Options & Refunds
- Federal & State Aid
- Federal CARES Act Student Emergency Funds
- Special Circumstance
- Institutional Aid & Private Loans
- Verification Process
- Disbursing Aid
- Things That Affect Your Aid
- Return to Title IV Policy
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy
- Financial Aid Resources
- Tuition & Fees
- Technology Support
- Wellness Resources
- Career Development
- Student Life
- Safety & Security
- University Directory
- Office of Accessibility Services
- Institutional Review Board (IRB)
Military & Veterans
- Military Family Member Discount
- Military Scholarships
- Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserves
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Ohio National Guard Scholarship Program
- Post 911 GI Bill
- Reserve Education Assistance Program
- Survivors & Dependents Assistance
- Training Time
- Veteran Payment Policies
- Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment VetSuccess Program
- Yellow Ribbon Program
- Career Development
- Getting Started
- F-1 Visa Checklist
- Financial Responsibility
- Tips For a Successful Visa Interview
- Change to F-1 Status
- Bringing Dependents to the U.S.
- Enrolling in Classes
- Updating Records
- Resolving Status Problems
- Completing Your Program
- Accident & Illness Insurance
- Your Rights in the U.S.
- On-Campus Employment
- Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
- Module 1: Am I Eligible For OPT?
- Module 2: How do I prepare for OPT?
- Module 3: What do I do once I’ve applied for OPT?
- Module 4: What do I do when my OPT is ending?
- Severe Economic Hardship
- International Student Orientation
Summer International Student Insurance Deadline
Date & Time:
Wed, Jun. 16, 2021
Summer Insurance Waiver & Opt-In Deadline: Wednesday, June 16, 2021.
International students in F-1 status are automatically enrolled in the university's international student accident and illness insurance policy when you register for classes each term.
You may request to waive the university-offered insurance if you have other health insurance that is equal to or more comprehensive than Franklin's policy. To do so, please send a copy of your insurance card to The Harbour Group at firstname.lastname@example.org and fill out a request at http://hginsurance.com/franklin/franklin_waiver.asp before this deadline. Verify that the waiver has been approved by checking your account transactions in Self-Service.
OISP highly recommends that F-1 students who are not registered for Summer Trimester classes opt-in to the insurance for the summer. Contact the Harbour Group at email@example.com for more information.
- International Students