The VA's academic year 2018-19 cap on benefits (effective for classes that begin on or after Aug. 1, 2018) for students with a 100 percent eligibility rate the tier is $23,671.94 for private institutions of higher learning.
You are eligible if:
- You served an aggregate period of active duty after Sept. 10, 2001, of at least 36 months.
- You were honorably discharged from active duty for a service connected disability and served 30 continuous days after Sept. 10, 2001.
- You are a dependent child eligible for a Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill® based on a veteran’s service under the eligibility criteria listed above.
For comprehensive Yellow Ribbon Program eligibility information review the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website.
Franklin University will accommodate all Yellow Ribbon students for the 2018-19 academic year. We have entered into this agreement with the VA to allow all eligible Yellow Ribbon Program students to receive this benefit. It is not a first come first serve basis; we will not deny any eligible student.
How do I apply?
Yellow Ribbon Program benefits can only be applied to Franklin tuition charges that exceed the annual cap of $23,671.94. Therefore, you cannot be awarded payment of Yellow Ribbon Program benefits unless you are first accepted by the VA and certified by Franklin's Office of Military and Veteran Affairs for Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits.
- Fill out Application for Benefits (VA Form 22-1990) located on VA website: 22-1990
- Fill out Franklin’s current year Plan of Attendance (POA): 2018-19 POA
- Submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to email@example.com. (The COE is provided by the VA)
Where can I get more information?