Jo Ann Davidson Public Administration Leadership Scholar Award
As a student in the Public Administration program, you are invited and encouraged to apply for the Jo Ann Davidson Public Administration Leadership Scholar Award, which can be awarded for any term depending on when you take the course.
The Jo Ann Davidson Public Administration Leadership Scholar Award is designed to increase the number of competent individuals in public service and government leadership in Central Ohio. The program provides financial support for tuition to students enrolled in a course with an integrative field experience, in which the student interacts with a local organization to complete a project which focuses on analyzing and making recommendations for addressing an important organizational or policy problem facing communities and/or governments in Central Ohio. Students receiving the award must produce and present a report of the analysis and recommendations from their project.
General Scholarship Requirements:
- Currently enrolled at Franklin University, pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Public Administration
- Must enroll in an Integrative Field Experience course (including: PF480 or Capstone for undergrad students; GRAD680 or Capstone for graduate students; or a Faculty approved independent study course)
- Completed a minimum of 12 credit hours of major area course work
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 for undergraduate students or 3.5 for graduate students
- Must reside and/or work in Central Ohio (Central Ohio is identified as consisting of the following counties: Delaware, Fairfield, Franklin, Licking, Madison, Pickaway and Union).
- Submit a 1 – 2 page, double spaced, essay discussing your academic achievements, professional goals, and the goals and expected impact of your Integrative Field Experience project
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a faculty member or public administration professional addressing your qualifications for the Scholar Award
Application Deadline: Oct. 7, 2022
Please use the links below for your submissions. You will need to save to your computer and upload your essay when you are ready to submit your scholarship.
Click Here to Download the Faculty/Adjunct Recommendation Document
Please submit completed application, essay and letter of recommendation
Questions? Contact the Office of Alumni Relations