Save Time, Money, and Earn College Credit for what you know!
The Franklin University Learning Exchange is a convenient tool that enables students to collect certificates, military training, advanced placement, proficiency tests and other learning experiences for evaluation toward college credit. The web-based platform makes student materials easy to access, modify, and even share with potential employers for career consideration.
Get Credit For What You Know
Do any of these apply to you?
- I completed formal training (in-class or on-line) as part of my employment
- I have attended professional seminars or conferences
- I have completed non-credit college courses
- I have earned certificates or licenses required for professionals in my field
- I am or was a member of the armed forces
- I have lived in a foreign country or traveled extensively since high school
- I have participated extensively in community work or volunteer services
- I have authored published work (letters to editor, training guides, articles, etc.)
If you answered yes to any of the above please take a moment to search the prior learning credit directory, to see sample credit decisions awarded to actual students.
Have questions or want more information, complete the form below and someone will be in touch to discuss how we can help you maximize your prior learning credit!
Prior-learning credit (PLC) awards college credit for non-academic experience such as proficiency exams, certificates, training and pre-evaluated learning. Save time and money by using experience and knowledge you've gained outside of the classroom!
Use the tool below search to identify prior learning credit (PLC) opportunities by Franklin course.
Example: ACCT 215 and 225 are courses required for your Franklin degree program and you would like to identify PLC opportunities for those courses. Enter ACCT in the "course" field. Leave the "agency" field blank if you would like to reveal all PLC options, or add "test" to the "agency" search for proficiency testing options only.
- For more information on proficiency examinations, click here >
- For more information on credit for certificates and licenses, click here >
- To search the full Prior Learning Credit Directory, click here >