Marketing Major - Marketing Bachelor's Degree ProgramProgram OverviewProgram DetailsWhy Choose Franklin
Connect business strategy to compelling marketing communications tactics
Finish your bachelor’s degree in 2017! Apply now and start classes on Jan. 3. Other Winter Term start dates available.
Nothing in business is as creative as marketing. Creativity has been called the No. 1 leadership competency of the future by 1,500 chief executives featured in a Newsweek cover story.
Marketing allows you to use both the left- and right-sides of the brain, blending creativity with analytical and critical thinking to craft powerful communication. As a career, marketing is growing at a rate of 22%—that’s higher than the national average.1
Acquire a marketing skill set sought by employers
To gain entry into or grow in this field, you need in-demand skills you can immediately put into practice. Franklin University’s Marketing major equips you with a highly desirable skill set in these core areas: marketing strategy, market research, strategy and analysis, promotion, and digital advertising.
The Franklin online marketing degree will give you confidence in your abilities through a hands-on approach to all aspects of marketing, from developing strategic plans to executing tactics. Our highly relevant curriculum will expose you to current trends in social media, analytics, and consumer behavior, preparing you to add value to variety of industries and organizations.
Gain hands-on experience with project-based assignments
With Franklin’s application-oriented marketing degree program curriculum and project-based assignments, you’ll get practical experience in how the marketing function fits within other business disciplines. From case studies to your capstone project, you’ll be doing marketing work in a simulated business environment.
The capstone project prepares you to work cross functionally by teaming you up with students from other majors, including Human Resources Management and Financial Management. Together, you’ll define a corporate strategy with you developing the marketing plan and ensuring integration and alignment with the overall business strategy.
Learn from accredited curriculum taught by expert practitioners
Credentialed practitioners and respected experts in marketing teach our relevant curriculum, so you’ll learn real-world lessons from their years of experience. And Franklin’s online marketing degree programs are accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), a leader in outcomes-based accreditation in business, so you know you’re earning a respected degree with value in the workplace.
Earn your degree from a university built for busy adults
Earn your marketing degree on your terms by taking classes 100% online or pursue available coursework at one of our Midwest locations. Regionally accredited and nonprofit, Franklin was built from the ground-up to satisfy the needs of adult learners. Our seamless transfer process and team of academic advisors will help ease your transition to becoming a student, while our flexible course schedules help to balance your education with work, family, and life. Get started on your future today!
1Source information provided by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI)
Gain The Skills Employers Desire
Marketing Directors plan, implement, and monitor marketing and sales activities in support of customer acquisition and retention efforts.View Salary Trends
Internet Marketing Director
Internet Marketing Directors lead and manage online marketing programs and activities, devising strategies to build brand or organizational awareness, and increase customer engagement, acquisition, and conversion.View Salary Trends
Promotion Coordinators collaborate with advertising, sales, and public relations managers to develop programs, materials, and special events that generate interest and awareness of an organization’s products and services.View Salary Trends
Social Media Strategist
Social Media Strategists help plan the goals of social media initiatives by providing content and timely response to fans and followers, and by implementing and monitoring campaigns across a variety of platforms.View Salary Trends
Digital Marketing Analyst
Digital Marketing Analysts assess web analytics against business objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs), report findings, and make strategic optimization recommendations.View Salary Trends
SEO Managers establish effective search strategies and programs, such as keyword research, on-page optimization, and link building, to optimize organic and paid results.View Salary Trends
Account Executives cultivate and maintain profitable and satisfying client relationships, seek out new business opportunities, and sell a company’s products and services.View Salary Trends
Digital Media Director
Digital Media Directors lead the activities of online marketing programs, including branding, direct response, e-commerce, and customer engagement and retention strategies.View Salary Trends
By 2025, there will be an estimated 1.3 million jobs related to Marketing.
Source information provided by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI) - June 2016
Our Recipe For Your Success
Academic & Industry Experts
Classes are taught and designed by credentialed professionals with real-world experience.
- Programs are designed by combining the insight of industry leaders with the academic expertise of our faculty, ensuring what you learn translates into on-the-job success.
- Academic concepts and theories are brought to life through our teaching faculty’s professional expertise, and can be immediately applied in your career.
- Faculty with industry experience teach our courses, not graduate students or life-time academics, so you learn not only the theories behind the practice but also how to apply them in real-world situations.
Relevant & Consistent Curriculum
What you learn is a reflection of the program you choose, not the format in which it’s applied.
- All programs are designed for learning outcomes to flow from the program level into actual coursework.
- This top-down approach allows credentialed professionals to customize assignments based on trending industry topics without deviating from a program’s core outcomes.
- Regardless of your professor or the format of your class, you receive the same quality education.
Hands-On Learning Experience
Franklin's coursework teaches not only theories and concepts, but also how they apply to practical situations.
- Professional course designers ensure that class activities such as learning simulations, case studies, interactive videos, and group exercises are relevant and appropriate.
- A curriculum development team is dedicated to making sure all courses are intuitively designed so content is taught in a logical manner that facilitates your success in the classroom and beyond.
Continuously Evolving Programs
Consistent program reviews ensure our programs stay at the forefront of industry trends.
- Survey results and feedback from student and faculty assessments are reviewed regularly so that our programs are always improving and up-to-date.
- A structured review process helps identify industry gaps that guide curriculum enhancements allowing our academic and industry experts to regularly implement new industry trends.
- Regular assessment provides hard data that is used to improve student learning and teaching methods.
Get the details
View curriculum, read course descriptions,
and meet program faculty.
Your request for information has been received, and we will send you an email confirmation shortly.
Apply For Admission Apply Now