- Academic Advising
- Financial Aid
- Course Schedule
- Technology Resources
- Campus Information
- Disability Services
- University Policies
- Student Learning Center
- Graduation Information
- Safety and Security Services
- New Student Orientation
- Center for Career Development
- Military & Veterans
- Coaching Programs
- Student Organizations
Visit the Technology Help Desk's Self Support Portal to find solutions to common problems, view current IT status/outage information, or log a request with the Help Desk (Franklin University login required).
While pursuing an education at Franklin University, students will be using some of the latest technology available. To help students maximize the benefits of this technology, we offer the support of the Technology Help Desk. Available by telephone, email, and live chat, the Help Desk is able to assist with the following:
- Retrieving usernames and passwords (identity verification required)
- Accessing and utilizing email
- Accessing and utilizing myFranklin online resources
- Connecting to Computer Science servers
- Utilizing basic software applications required by the University
- Questions about basic computer literacy
- The Help Desk also offers remote desktop connection sessions for additional assistance.
The Help Desk requires a few identifying pieces of information when a student calls, sends an email, requests a chat session, or submits an incident request through the self-support portal, including:
- First and last name
- Description of problem(s)
- Course problems: course name and section number
- Application errors (in a web browser or in the operating system): exact error message, the task being performed when the error occurred, the number of times the problem has occurred, and whether the computer has been rebooted
This information will provide the technician an effective starting point within the troubleshooting process. Reminder: Students who do not meet the minimum application, OS, browser or hardware specifications as listed in the Online Learning Technical Requirements risk not receiving assistance from the Help Desk. Please see our Knowledge Base & Contact Information below for information on how to contact us.
Please click here for current and historical IT outage and status update information.
Stuck? Our Knowledge Base includes, helpful links, frequently asked questions, and solutions to help advance your knowledge and make your computing experience as pleasant and productive as possible.
- Technical Support Solutions
- myFranklin Knowledge Base (Students)
- myFranklin Knowledge Base (Teaching Faculty)
- Student Email Knowledge
Can't find a solution in our Knowledge Base? You may also contact the Help Desk by phone, email, chat live with a technician, or create your own ticket.
Toll Free: 1.866.435.7006
Work Request: Create your own ticket!
Instant Message: Chat live with a technician!
Our hours of operation are as follows:
Monday-Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. EST
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. EST
Sunday: 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST
You may need the following plugins in order to view portions of our website:
For viewing, navigating and printing PDF files.
Adobe Reader software is the global standard for electronic document sharing. Use Adobe Reader to view, search, digitally sign, verify, print, and collaborate on Adobe PDF files.
To obtain the free Adobe Reader, you can either go directly to the Adobe Acrobat Reader download area (and read more about it), or read about system requirements.
Adobe Flash Player
Adobe Flash Player is a multiple-platform client runtime. Web users must download and install the player in order to view and interact with SWF content.
- Read more about Adobe Flash Installation Instructions.
- To obtain the latest free version of Flash, click here.
Java is a required plugin that will allow a user to access FranklinLive! as well as many other applications.
If you have just installed Java, restart your browser and verify your installation.
QuickTime - by Apple
QuickTime is a multimedia framework developed by Apple Inc., capable of handling various formats of digital video, media clips, sound, text, animation, music, and interactive panoramic images. This player is required to view certain multimedia videos.
Ready to start an application?
Franklin's student-centered philosophy is one of the many reasons so many students choose us!START YOUR APPLICATION