- Coming to Franklin
- Community College Students
- Military & Veterans
- Air Force
- Coast Guard
- Spouses & Dependents
- Military Educational Benefits
- Community Resources
- International Students
- High School Students
- Career and Technical Center Students
- Apply Now
- Transferring Credit
- Undergraduate Admissions Process
Coast Guard- Resending from original due to rejection
Franklin serves the educational needs of military students across the globe.
As a military friendly institution, Franklin is committed to offering Guardsmen like you quality education that is convenient and affordable. We are dedicated to serving your educational needs while understanding the demands of your busy schedule. Applying is easy and an Admissions Advisor can assist you in exploring your options.
2. Request all your official transcripts to be sent directly to Franklin University, including your Joint Services Transcript (JST). This will help us maximize your transfer credit, saving you time and money toward your degree.
3. An Undergraduate Admissions Advisor will contact you to help you complete the admissions process.
1. Thoroughly review the graduate admission and application requirements.
2. Complete Franklin’s online graduate application. Please be sure to complete the questions related to United States Military.
3. Request all your official transcripts be sent directly to Franklin University, including your Joint Services Transcript (JST). This will help maximize your transfer credit, saving you time and money toward your degree.
4. A Graduate Admissions Advisor will contact you to help you complete the admissions process.
Franklin is committed to offering Guardsmen like you a quality education that is convenient and affordable. Undergraduate tuition is just $250 per credit hour.
Military Tuition Assistance
You may be eligible for Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) to fund courses in your degree program. Schedule an appointment with an Education Counselor at your nearest Education Center to determine your eligibility.
Graduate Tuition and Fees may vary by academic level and program. As a courtesy to our servicemembers, students serving in the Coast Guard are not required to pay the $25 undergraduate initial processing fee, $30 graduate application fee, or $100 non-refundable graduate deposit.
Undergraduate Military Tuition Rate
In order to maintain the $250 per credit hour tuition rate, Servicemembers are required to submit documentation during the first trimester of enrollment and on an annual basis thereafter. Complete the Undergraduate Military Servicemember Verification Form and submit along with proof of eligibility to the Office of Military and Veteran Affairs to continue receiving this great Franklin benefit!”
Steps For Requesting Federal Tuition Assistance:
- Students start the TA request process via the Coast Guard Web site.
- Review education records for accuracy
- Complete the application for tuition assistance, including all requested information. If you have questions on term start dates or course information, please contact the Office of Military and Veterans Affairs.
- Service members in the Coast Guard will be sent notification of approved tuition assistance forms. Send a copy of this completed and approved form to the Business Office at Franklin University.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Franklin University
201 S. Grant Ave.
Columbus, OH 43215-5399
- Fax: 614.255.9648
Contact us today regarding tuition, fees, and funding.
Franklin helps you meet your personal and promotion goals through education.
At Franklin University, we value your military training and experience. That’s why we offer you college credit for your military training and certifications, maximizing the number of credits you can transfer in and saving you time and money toward your degree.
Send official transcripts from all previous institutions, including your official Coast Guard military service transcript (form CGI-1561), directly to Franklin University:
Office of Transfer and Articulation
201 S Grant Ave
Columbus, OH 43215
*Graduate students – please indicate ATTN: Graduate Student Affairs
Coast Guard transcripts can be requested through the US Department of Homeland Security via the Coast Guard Institute application CGI-1561J, found here.
Contact us today for more information on transferring credit to Franklin University.
Ready to start an application?
Franklin's student-centered philosophy is one of the many reasons so many students choose us!START YOUR APPLICATION