Military Training Credit

Get college transfer credit for military training

Thank you for your service. We appreciate our service members and want to honor your contributions. That’s why we offer college credit for military experience for active duty, reserve, National Guard members and veterans.
Get credit what you’ve already achieved by transferring your military training and certifications to Franklin –- and earn your college degree faster and more affordably.

Credit for Military Training

Receive transfer credit for your military service.

1:1 Transfer Support

We’ll work with you to make sure you maximize all possible transfer credits

Finish Faster

Take fewer classes when you transfer credits toward your degree.

Submit Your Military Transcripts

Whether you're on active duty, reserve, a member of the National Guard, or a military veteran, your military training could count toward college credit at Franklin.

The Army, Marine Corps, Navy and Coast Guard use a synchronized transcript service called JST or Joint Services Transcript. Students request an official copy be sent to Franklin University for transfer credit consideration by completing the online Joint Service Transcript service. Service members can also access an unofficial version of their JST any time by logging into the JST system and completing the required steps.
The JST transcript consists of:

  • Personal service-member data 
  • Military course completions with descriptions 
  • Military experience & training (per each MOS) 
  • College-level test scores (CLEP & DANTES) 
  • Other learning experiences 
  • Summary page (with Service members Opportunity Colleges (SOC) transferability codes) 
  • Academic institution courses page

ACE provides quality assurance and policy guidance to the Army, Navy, Coast Guard and Marine Corps for military transcripts. The Air Force is still testing the JST process. Students with Air Force service training and experiences will continue to order their military transcripts through the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF).

Coast Guard transcripts can be requested through the US Department of Homeland Security via the Coast Guard Institute application CGI-1561J, found here. Or you can order it electronically through the Joint Service Transcript service.

To submit your military training for course credit, please upload your military transcripts to Franklin University’s Learning Exchange. The Learning Exchange is a free, web-based tool that simplifies the process of submitting non-traditional credit for evaluation. Through the Learning Exchange you can collect certificates, military training, advanced placement, proficiency tests and other learning experiences for evaluation toward college credit. 

To find out how your credits will transfer, request a free unofficial evaluation. Or, if you're ready, apply online now to receive your official evaluation.


Free Guide for Transfer Students

Get the ultimate guide to maximize your college transfer credit so you can accelerate your completion time and lower your total tuition cost at every academic level. 

Download Now >

Military Friendly

College degrees for military students stationed anywhere and everywhere

Your service to our country is invaluable, so Franklin University is proud to be able to honor your service with specialized, military-friendly programs. At Franklin, service members and veterans can earn a quality, online college degree -- while continuing to serve. Because of this commitment, Franklin University has been named as a Gold level designee of the 2022-2023 Military Friendly® Schools list. Schools earning the gold distinction were selected for their leading practices, outcomes, and effective programs.

Get Started

At Franklin, you can earn a flexible, affordable college degree. And thanks to scholarships and transfer credits for military training, we’ll also help you reduce the cost of your education. Learn more about our admission process and start your path to earning a flexible, affordable college degree.

Related Pages

Back to College Blog