Applying for graduation
Every Franklin student must complete a graduation application to receive a diploma, even if you do not plan to participate in the commencement ceremony. Beginning June 12, 2023, the graduation application can be found through the Self Service link in your my.franklin.edu account.
*Please note that if you fail to graduate in the trimester for which you apply, you must complete a new application for any subsequent trimester, including required fees.
**If you are planning a move in the trimester of your graduation, please contact the Registrar's Office directly to confirm your mailing address.
Graduation applications for the Fall 2023 term are due by Monday, September 18, 2023. A late application fee will apply after this date.
- Undergraduate student fee: There is a $65 fee added to your account, and $25 for each additional degree awarded in the same trimester.
- Graduate student fee: There is a $85 fee added to your account.
- Doctorate student fee: There is a $150 fee added to your account.
- Late fees: Applications received from September 19 through October 2 will be assessed a $100.00 late fee. Applications WILL NOT be accepted after October 2, 2023.
- Outstanding balances: All outstanding balances must be paid in full by November 27, 2023 in order to pick up your regalia and participate in the Commencement ceremony. Franklin will not issue diplomas or transcripts to students with unpaid balances.
Students with Deferred Tuition:
If you are on the Deferred Tuition Payment Plan, any outstanding tuition balance is due in advance of the normal deferred payment date. There is no extension allowed as in other trimesters.
Preliminary Degree Audit:
You will receive an email from your academic advisor confirming the status of completion toward your degree requirements.