1. Complete the Application for Benefits (22-1990) form on the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs. Or see step 2 if you have ever used VA educational benefits at another school.
- Following the successful processing of your benefits application, the VA will issue a Certificate of Eligibility to you by mail. The VA will not send this to the school; it is your responsibility to send a copy of this to OMVA at Franklin upon receipt.
- The U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs currently estimates that processing will require 28 calendar days. Franklin University cannot be responsible for complications or delays in benefit awards due to VA delays in application processing.
2. Complete the Change of Place or Training (22-1995) form instead of the 22-1990 if you have used your benefits at previous school.
3. Submit a Plan of Attendance (POA) each academic year in which benefits are requested.
4. Certification of Benefits
To initially set up your VA record and benefits at Franklin University, please see the following requirements.
• Submit a copy of your certificate of eligibility (COE) or a screenshot of your e-benefit to: OMVA@franklin.edu
Once your record is updated to show you have been approved to use VA benefits at Franklin University, you will receive an email each semester that you register for classes to inquire if you would like us to certify your enrollment and submit it to the VA. Once we receive your reply to that outreach, we will act upon the request. After your enrollment is certified, you will receive a confirmation email from VAOnce to show your enrollment has been sent to the VA.
5. Verify Attendance
- Log in to the W.A.V.E. website on the last calendar day of every month to verify your enrollment.
Situations that may affect payment of VA benefits include the following:
- Repeated or audited courses
- Change or addition of major program
- Add or drop in credit hours
- Developmental education courses not applicable to degree
- Any education course in which a grade of “Z”, “NZ”, or “W” is earned
- Non-receipt of official transcripts from previous colleges and universities attended
- VA training time
Regulations require that all such items be reported to the VA so that adjustments can be made accordingly. Failure to notify the Veterans Specialist may result in overpayments or withholding of benefits.