Scholarship Program Descriptions & Applications
Scholarships: A sum of money or other aid granted to a student, typically awarded based on merit or need.
- Merit-based: These awards are based on a student's academic abilities and often factor in an applicant's extracurricular activities and community service record. The most common merit-based scholarships are awarded by private organizations or by the college. Most are paid directly to the institution, rather than directly to the student.
- Need-based: In the United States, these awards are based on the student and family's financial record and require applicants to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to qualify.
Internal & External Scholarships:
The Franklin University Undergraduate Scholars Program (USA)
A competitive scholarship program for Franklin undergraduate students. Scholarship recipients are selected based on prior academic achievement and quality of essay. Scholarships range from $200 to $2,500 each and are non-renewable. See the application for deadlines, GPA, essay, and transcript requirements.
The Ohio Board of Regents Choose Ohio First Program available for students seeking a bachelor degree in the STEMM disciplines (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and Medicine). Franklin University's Computer Science (CS) and Management Information Sciences (MIS) programs have been approved for this competitive scholarship which will be funded jointly by the Ohio Board of Regents and Franklin University.
The award is for between $2,500 - $6,325 annually divided over two trimesters each year. See the2014-15 application for deadlines and requirements.
Attention: the deadline for the 2013-14 application for the 2014 Winter term has been extended through February 28. Click here to access that application.
- Available for all programs within the College of Health & Public Administration
- Must be employed by a VHA partner institution
- Scholarship will be applied as a percentage of tuition each term
- The application form must be complete prior to each term of enrollment
External Searches & Scholarships
Below you will find several free scholarship searches engines and some external scholarships that are available:
- International Education Financial Aid
This site serves as a resource for International students, providing information about scholarships, loans, and other programs that may be available.
- Military.Com Scholarship Finder
Find millions of dollars in scholarships and grants exclusively for the military community
Free scholarship search database
Free scholarship search, school information and student feedback.
Sign up for free to receive external scholarship opportunities matched to you from your basic information. Also gain access to detailed insightful information about various career fields, salaries, and areas of study.
- I Know I Can
Grants, scholarships and helpful resources for Columbus City School students of all ages.
- The Columbus Foundation
Over 200 scholarships offered for students with goals in higher education. The Columbus Foundation works with donors to establish scholarships with varying criteria. The Foundation's website features an online database that matches you to potential scholarships.
External scholarships are offered to students by various community and professional organizations. These and more opportunities are publicized in our student blog Connections:
- Rockwell Collins-Student Veterans of America: Wounded Veteran Scholarship
Application Deadline: February 28
- Jeannette Rankin Women’s Scholarship Fund
Application Deadline: March 1
- Student Veterans of America, NBC Universal Scholarship
Application Deadline: March 14
- Disney-Student Veterans of America Scholarship
Application Deadline: April 1
- The Allen Endowment: 2014-15 Florence Allen Scholarship Program
General Description and Application
Application Deadline: April 1
- Executive Women International (EWI) Columbus Chapter ASIST Scholarship
Application Deadline: March 28
- The Firelands Chapter OSCPA Scholarship
General Description & Application
Application Deadline: May 2
- Marketing Edge Scholarship
Requirements and Application
Application Deadline: May 9
For information on other scholarships, please contact Franklin's Scholarship Specialist, Todd Hampel, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This feature is intended for Financial Aid questions.
Ready to start an application?
Franklin's student-centered philosophy is one of the many reasons so many students choose us!START YOUR APPLICATION