Online Learning at Franklin
Learn when and where you want with flexible & convenient online classes
To meet the needs of busy adult students, we’ve transformed the traditional classroom learning environment into a supportive and engaging online learning experience. Once a pioneer among accredited online universities in Ohio and beyond, today Franklin is a top-ranked private, nonprofit online school in Ohio because we provide high-quality online academic programs that help students achieve their education goals.
Take a Tour of Our Online Learning System
At Franklin, you may use your own laptop or other device to complete your online classes. Your devices must meet or exceed our hardware, operating system and software specifications, otherwise you may not have access to some of our systems. To take advantage of all student technology resources, you must be able to load software onto your computer. Some courses may require additional software. Franklin’s Help Desk is happy to provide support, but may not be able to offer assistance for devices that do not meet these requirements.
Please check your device for these hardware and software requirements:
General Technology Requirements
Minimum Hardware Requirements:
- Dual Core processor at 1 GHz or faster
- 4 GB RAM minimum
- 40 GB or higher of available hard drive space at the beginning of each term
- 1024 x 768 minimum resolution display
- Integrated PC microphone and speakers or a headset with microphone
- A high speed internet connection with a download speed of 4 Mbps or faster (Use of satellite, cellular, or public access internet may result in poor performance)
Operating System and Software Requirements:
- Windows 10 recommended. Windows 7 minimum.
- Chromebooks not recommended.
- Microsoft Office 2013 or newer (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Access)
- Virus protection – updated and scanned regularly
- Up to date versions of Internet browsers required:
- Google Chrome – required for BlueQuill
- Mozilla Firefox/Internet Explorer/Edge - may be needed for other applications
Because technology changes rapidly, these requirements are subject to change without notice.