Skip to main content
Professional Training Credit

Get college credit for your work experience

Moving toward your personal and professional goals, including career advancement, can happen even faster at Franklin, thanks to our generous transfer credit policy.

As a transfer-friendly school, we honor your professional experience, life experience, prior learning, accredited college credits and other credentials by offering college credit, for what you already know, toward your degree.

Max Transfer Credit

Get college credit for professional training and certifications.

1:1 Transfer Support

We’ll work with you to make sure you maximize all possible transfer credits

Finish Faster

Take fewer classes when you transfer credits toward your degree.

Take credit for what you’ve done

What you’ve learned through corporate workshops, professional certifications and other on-the-job training programs deserves to be counted -- and at Franklin, it is.

As an accredited college that wants to help you finish your degree, Franklin University awards transfer credit for business or industry courses and professional training, including those taken through the American Institute of Banking (AIB), the Life Office Management Association (LOMA) and Relias Learning.

We also award college credit for professional certifications awarded by Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA, and Finra.

Determining Eligibility

Eligibility for professionally based transfer credit, prior learning credit and college credit for life experience is based upon the recommendations of The National Guide to Educational Credit for Training Programs (published by the American Council on Education) and The Directory of the National Program on Noncollegiate Sponsored Instruction.

To identify if your work experience is eligible for college credit, we will need the following:

  • Official transcripts
  • Original certificates of completion (including nontraditional certificates) 
  • Course syllabus and/or workbook
  • Evidence of testing
  • The total time spent in class with your academic advisor.

Back to College Blog