Professional Training Credit
Get college credit for your work experience
Moving toward your personal and professional goals, including career advancement, can happen even faster at Franklin, thanks to our generous transfer credit policy.
As a transfer-friendly school, we honor your professional experience, life experience, prior learning, accredited college credits and other credentials by offering college credit, for what you already know, toward your degree.
Take credit for what you’ve done
What you’ve learned through corporate workshops, professional certifications and other on-the-job training programs deserves to be counted -- and at Franklin, it is.
As an accredited college that wants to help you finish your degree, Franklin University awards transfer credit for business and industry courses and professional training.
Some examples include:
- American Institute of Banking (AIB)
- The Institutes (Risk & Insurance)
- Life Office Management Association (LOMA)
- Ohio Police Officer Training (OPOTA)
- Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA and other IT certifications
- Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM)
To determine if your work experience is eligible for college credit, upload your materials to Franklin University’s Learning Exchange, a free, web-based tool that enables you to collect certificates, military training, advanced placement, proficiency tests and other learning experiences and submit them for evaluation toward college credit. Sample documents can include your:
- Original certificates of completion (including nontraditional certificates)
- Evidence of testing
- Course syllabus and/or workbook
To get started and find out how your credits will transfer, request a free unofficial evaluation. Or, if you're ready, apply online now to receive your official evaluation.