Filing Complaints

Contact Information For Filing Complaints

Complaint Resolution: Franklin University’s mission is to provide high quality, relevant education enabling the broadest possible community of learners to achieve their goals and enrich the world. However, if a conflict does arise, students are encouraged to reach out to appropriate personnel to discuss concerns, grievances and complaints. Issues related to academic courses should be raised first with the instructor, then the instructor's department chair, and finally the instructor's dean, if necessary. More information can be found here under the Student Grievance Procedure section. Issues related to sex discrimination should be filed with the Title IX Coordinator.

If an issue cannot be resolved by Franklin University's internal processes, students in online courses who reside in SARA States may choose to file a complaint with the Ohio Department of Higher Education. Students residing in states not participating in SARA may appeal to their state of residence. Please see below to find the contact information for each state agency that would handle the complaint. You may also contact our accrediting agency, the Higher Learning Commission.

Pursuant to 34 CFR § 668.43(b) (Code of Federal Regulations), an institution of higher education must “provide students . . . with contact information for filing complaints with its accreditor and with its State approval or licensing entity and any other relevant State official or agency that would appropriately handle a student’s complaint.”  

THE HIGHER LEARNING COMMISSION 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604
ALABAMA Alabama Commission on Higher Education
ALASKA Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education
ARKANSAS Arkansas Department of Higher Education
CALIFORNIA California Department of Consumer Affairs
COLORADO Colorado Department of Higher Education
CONNECTICUT Connecticut Office of Higher Education
DELAWARE Delaware Department of Education
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA Higher Education Licensure Commission
FLORIDA Florida Department of Education
GEORGIA Georgia Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission
HAWAII Hawaii Post-Secondary Education Authorization Program
IDAHO Idaho State Board of Education
ILLINOIS Illinois Board of Higher Education
INDIANA Indiana Commission for Higher Education
IOWA Iowa College Aid
KANSAS Kansas Board of Regents
KENTUCKY Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
LOUISIANA State of Louisiana Board of Regents
MAINE State of Maine Department of Education
MARYLAND Maryland Higher Education Commission
MASSACHUSETTS Massachusetts Department of Higher Education
MICHIGAN Michigan Department of Licensing & Regulatory Affairs
MINNESOTA Minnesota Office of Higher Education
MISSISSIPPI Mississippi Commission on College Accreditation
MISSOURI Missouri Department of Higher Education
MONTANA Montana Board of Regents
NEBRASKA Nebraska's Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education
NEVADA Nevada Commission on Postsecondary Education
NEW HAMPSHIRE New Hampshire Department of Education
NEW JERSEY State of New Jersey Office of the Secretary of Higher Education
NEW MEXICO New Mexico Higher Education Department
NEW YORK New York State Education Department
Office of College and University Evaluation
NORTH CAROLINA University of North Carolina General Administration
NORTH DAKOTA North Dakota University System
OHIO Ohio Department of Higher Education
OKLAHOMA Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
OREGON Office of Degree Authorization
PENNSYLVANIA Pennsylvania Department of Education
RHODE ISLAND Rhode Island Council on Postsecondary Education
SOUTH CAROLINA South Carolina Commission on Higher Education
SOUTH DAKOTA South Dakota Board of Regents
TENNESSEE Tennessee Higher Education Commission
TEXAS Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
UTAH Utah System of Higher Education
VERMONT Vermont Agency of Education
VIRGINIA State Council of Higher Education for Virginia
WASHINGTON Washington Student Achievement Council
WEST VIRGINIA West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission
WISCONSIN Wisconsin Educational Approval Board
WYOMING Wyoming Community College Commission


Military OneSource Postsecondary Education Complaint System (PECS): If you or your family member receives tuition assistance (TA) or is a Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts Scholarship recipient, you are encouraged to submit feedback. You may submit a complaint if your school is failing to follow the Principles of Excellence. This initiative is designed to empower you and your family members to report misleading or unfair actions by education institutions. Examples of education related issues may include, but are not limited to, misrepresentation or deceptive actions concerning multiple unsolicited phone calls or emails used as a high-pressure recruitment tactic, false representation about degree programs, misleading statements regarding accreditation or promoting costly private or institutional loans. For more information on the PECS or to file a complaint, please contact Military OneSource